The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Greatest Ford Mustangs of All Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
The local Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer had a Pantera traded in for a 1974 Mustang II. I wish I had a photo of that. It was crazy then and only crazier as time past.

The Mustang has been a great car from day one. It's popularity and longevity has been proven by it's 54 yr run...and still going strong.One of my favorite Mustangs was the Boss429. How they fit that monster motor in a Mustang still has me in awe.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Gremlins likely faired much better in warmer climates. In Northern Illinois the front fenders laster 2-3 years. No inner fenders and no corrosion resistance meant the fenders would rot out sometimes while you still had the original tires on the car.
Vega wagon? Add a small block and a turbo 350 and you had something there.

Greatest Mustang?? 65-67 fastback for the body style, Boss 429 for the motor.

I would have added a 69 or 70 Mach 1 428 SCJ with Shaker, 4 speed and drag-pack, and probably the Boss 351. Plus they are listing a 69 Boss 429 but the picture is of a 70.

TMO Supporting Vendors