The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Things Not Looking Good at Ford Performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seems like Ford's focus will be on profitable areas like trucks, crossovers. Hybrids and EEVs will continue to evolve. Wonder what this will mean for Ford's racing team's support and Ford Performance moving ahead. Seems from a distance their are whirlwind changes afoot at Ford.

I'm not as worried about this as some. I've met a few of the Ford Performance guys over the years and there are a lot of gear heads and car guys working there. Some even own/track Boss 302's and GT350's. As long as they are still there I think we're safe. Now if the whole division gets axe'd then we're in trouble.

I don’t see this as a concern since people have moved in and out of what is now Ford Performance regularly. The product line has improved and evolved none the less. Hai Tung, John Coletti...

This is just part of regular business.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I don't know...seems very short sighted.... Fuel prices have gone up from below $50 a barrel to over $70... Down here we pay over US$5 bucks a gallon. Hope ford does not get caught flat footed..... Again....

Mind you, the only new fords you see are Mustangs and F150's, the Focus is too expensive for what you get, while the mustang is a deal.

Brent crude hit $80 yesterday and is at $79+ today.
There is always a price hike like this just before Memorial day. It drops back in July after the 4th and drops further after Labor day. The Iran situation and the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalam also were attibuted as factors. I am sure our shale oil producers are licking their chops now and getting ready to crank up production soon. This bubble will burst.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel