The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Key for the 2014 GT's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake Handler said:
Man some of you guys are starting to sound like the GT500 KR crowd over on the Team Shelby site.

Seriously. Sounds like some people bought the Boss for the SWAG and not to drive it.

It still doesn't have the Boss engine, so as long as it isn't red :) I doubt many owners would go for it since guys who typically mod start with a CAI and aftermarket tune. The lope from some of those tunes is more noticeable, too. Last I heard some shops were still offering the lopey tunes.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm annoyed on a couple of levels. First, because I have a Boss...sure, I might be whining, but this feature was supposed to be exclusive. Second, I have a 'Brembo' GT with the FR ProCal tune. I feel effed both ways. :mad:

Quit being greedy guys. I know some of you don't even have or use the trackey. Plus those '14 guys still don't have forged internals or limited numbers. Ford did it just to sell the remaining '14 Mustangs that are collecting dust on the lots from the anticipation of the '15

Tulsa, OK
Boostd4 said:
Doesn't seem like a big deal, this is basically the same idea as putting a Boss intake manifold on a GT. As it is with the Boss, it really won't do a whole lot from a power perspective...basically just sharpens up throttle response and a few other minor things. Seems like a real tune would be the more attractive option.

Totally agree. If i'm not mistaken, every single boss-specific part can be purchased to transform a regular GT into a boss clone. Big deal...

This topic reminds me of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6vlbpOmOvII

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I would only be pissed if I owned a 2014 GT produced before 7/02.

...maybe...

As a Boss owner, it doesn't bother me in the least.

I would be more concerned about owning a pre-model year 2015 Mustang...

...again...maybe...

TK available to the GT is fine with me. TK doesn't increase HP, just track response. A lot of GT guys will go with their own tunes to satisfy their own visions for what they want their car to be. The BOSS is still the BOSS... ;)

GR8WYT

Doesn't bother me at all. If it means another Ford Mustang sold versus anything else? What's the problem?!

I own a Boss and anyone else who owns one gets sour grapes over this issue should trade it in for BMW. No TK owner should be pissing about this or any part off our car for distribution to the masses. It makes better for R&D, cost reductions for all owners and knowledge that something will probably be updated because it's not end of life. ;)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Mildly disappointing but Trackey at its heart is just a variation on Mykey, something that I think is the way of the future to restrict cars for untrusted/untested teenagers. It was kinda inevitable.

But mine is still red and it's still a Boss.

Doesnt surprise me, they are offering the track key for the later 2014s so there not on the dealer lots when the 2015 arrives. Give it time, ford will probably offer the key to to all 5.0 GTs from 2011 and up. We still have a BOSS and no one can take that away.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
I haven't purchased my TK yet. Should I?

I am OK with this as long as they don't start putting the Boss engine in as an option to the GT. Of course, with the Eco Boost coming out and getting better year after year, our old bosses will start to look anemic anyway. Just wait until they can squeeze 500 HP out of a 4 pot that gets 40 MPG!!! I have been in an SVO that was mildly breathed on and man those Mustangs were FAST! I can't wait until the new ones come out especially after having driven a Focus ST with 252. Another .4L will be nice in a lighter Mustang!!!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors