The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

NWSC Event. Great battle with a Mach 1.
Man that mach1 is so new you can still see the price tag hanging off the rear bumper....!
Great battle, damn there are so many awesome tracks out there that I'll never get to drive on.
I'm thankful for what we do have, Laguna Seca, Sonoma and Thunderhill all close by, all classics.
Still, a real high speed swoopy track like Road America....man that would be right up my alley. *licks chops*

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Man that mach1 is so new you can still see the price tag hanging off the rear bumper....!
Great battle, damn there are so many awesome tracks out there that I'll never get to drive on.
I'm thankful for what we do have, Laguna Seca, Sonoma and Thunderhill all close by, all classics.
Still, a real high speed swoopy track like Road America....man that would be right up my alley. *licks chops*
We would welcome you with open arms!!! It's a beautiful track!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Ran a unique autocross today where we used the south paddock at Road Atlanta while the main course catered to other SCCA classes. As this wasn't a regular points event the classing was a bit shifted and my front splitter meant I ended up in a class with a 1500lb CRX on slicks as well as a Factory Five Cobra race car om Bridgestones packing a 408. Considerign those two cars combined weigh what my car weighs I had my work cut out for me. Course was also pretty technical with a very tight turn around and in the end I couldn't beat either car landing me in 4th as the CRX had two drivers. Best run below with a 28.3 second run.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting , as I remember folks talking about the Rocky Mountain Motorsports Park being built near Calgary, but I had forgotten about it. Nice to see your Mustang ripping around the course as well as getting views of the course itself. I would think the folks in the Northwestern States would look towards crossing the Border for some track time. Heck , for the guys who track in Eastern Washington, far Northern Idaho, and Northwestern Montana, it could be one of the closest road courses for those guys. It looks like a fun track with great runoff, and that is important to everyone who likes to push the limits.

Interesting they have a Mustang Rental Program with Ecoboost A10s, it would sure be nice if they consider a Track School with some 5.0 liters and 6 speed boxes in the future>

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
My new best 1:19.04 here on a really hot August event - 3sec. faster than last year when the car was stock with similar tires.
Stock engine
Steeda dual rate springs and swaybars
Anderson high profile CFTP wing Michelin sportcup2 fronts (because of a curb hit in the 1st session had to run a backup set) and nankang crs v2 rear

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
First time out with the new car. Wow she makes a good noise.

Waiting on rev match. Then we can start to go like hell.

How does the driving experience compare vs your previous car? Night and day or similar? That is a glorious noise!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
How does the driving experience compare vs your previous car? Night and day or similar? That is a glorious noise!
Night and Day. Everything is just soooo smooth. Turn in is effortless. Ride quality is oddly amazing. The seat plays a big part of that.

Its intimidating, however not so bad once you get over what it is and looks like. You can really feel the weight savings. over 800 pounds from my old car. Insane.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
You can really feel the weight savings. over 800 pounds from my old car. Insane.
Dang it, I was afraid you would say that! Interior and glass delete just added to my 2024 plans - 800#’s is incredible! What was your before and after weights out of curiosity?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Dang it, I was afraid you would say that! Interior and glass delete just added to my 2024 plans - 800#’s is incredible! What was your before and after weights out of curiosity?

That is just how this car came. 3080 with 1-4 fuel. Stupid light. My 2011 was around 3900 with same fuel.

Everything in the 14 is gone though. EVERYTHING. Even a paper thin carbon fiber dash. A cage, seat, motor and wheels. GO

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Optic armor is the brand of the front and rear "glass"
That's pretty much the go to for these cars. I've had mine for years and years.
Just make sure you wax them regularly and they will stay nice and also repel water for a very long time.

TMO Supporting Vendors