The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte

Carolina Motorsports Park with Carolina Regional Mustang Club. First time running in Red Group. Lots of fun.

Nice lap!

I think we may have met at this event. Did you and another Shelby driver stop by my paddock to talk and ask about Race Louvers?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Nice lap!

I think we may have met at this event. Did you and another Shelby driver stop by my paddock to talk and ask about Race Louvers?
Yes we did! It was really nice meeting you. The Red 350 pitting in front of me T14 was Ryan, the other person you met that started the conversation. . Hope to share some track with you soon.

Last edited:
Nice lap!

Yes we did! It was really nice meeting you. The Red 350 pitting in front of me T14 was Ryan, the other person you met that started the conversation. . Hope to share some track with you soon.

Yep that was me! Nice meeeting you Egparson202! Here's my best from the day, neck and neck with Duane!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
Yep that was me! Nice meeeting you Egparson202! Here's my best from the day, neck and neck with Duane!

We have the makings of a great TT class. Nice to meet you both.

Maiden voyage with my 66 mustang. Very happy with the day overall, have a lot of things to work on but cannot complain with the results thus far. I will say I was nervous over T1 , I think I have found the issue but earlier in the day the car felt unsettled cresting the hill so those nerves stuck with me the rest of the day.

Also had a strange fuel cut issue in T11 (can see very quickly in the video) but luckily we found the problem easy (having a very good tuner helps) and that has been resolved post track day.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Where does one start????? How about;
1. Holy Schistt , that sounds good!
2. Damn, felt like I was watching an old V8 Supercar with a dyslexic steering set up as you yanked through the gears with that super sequential!
3. Pretty damn fast for a 66, in fact fast for plenty of much newer years.
4. Thanks, thanks , thanks..............great way to start Monday with such beautiful wake up music and video!

Where does one start????? How about;
1. Holy Schistt , that sounds good!
2. Damn, felt like I was watching an old V8 Supercar with a dyslexic steering set up as you yanked through the gears with that super sequential!
3. Pretty damn fast for a 66, in fact fast for plenty of much newer years.
4. Thanks, thanks , thanks..............great way to start Monday with such beautiful wake up music and video!
Thanks Bill! Been a long road building this car so pretty happy to get a successful day in. Now I cannot help but wonder what it would do with a fast tire :D

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No kidding, it looks like you might be on YOYO R888Rs, which have 888 tires faster than them, ha! A Hoosier R7 would lop off 2-3 seconds easily and slap on a set of pure Hoosier, Michelin or Pee-relli slicks and you could be in the 1:30s!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well we all know you will get more tread life out of the Contis compared to the 3Rs. They are a bit slower , I am sure, but they are an Endurance tire so it is to be expected.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia

VIR FallFest I had a really great time. Leaped frogged my PB 4 times this weekend. Here is the best of the bunch. Not my prettiest work, lots to clean up. I carried more speed that I'm acclimated post uphill esses towards T10, threw my rhythm off thru T11-12...looks like it could have been a 2:05 but, very happy. AIM Solo DL picked up back straight start finish...does that on occasion.

TMO Supporting Vendors