The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Two Pulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all. No matter if I use the red or grey remote to unlock the driver's door, 90% of the time I have to pull the handle twice to open the door. Any one else experience this? Any fix I can do w/o taking it back to the dealer? Thanks.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
leland302 said:
Hey all. No matter if I use the red or grey remote to unlock the driver's door, 90% of the time I have to pull the handle twice to open the door. Any one else experience this? Any fix I can do w/o taking it back to the dealer? Thanks.

When you pull the handle the first time, does the window open slightly?

The reason I ask is because if the window does not, it can cause this issue. It had a similar issue.

If so, There is a relearn proces for the window. Simple, just can't remember. I did it in less than 2 minutes.

If this is your problem, call your dealer service department and ask for instructions.

Good luck.

Mustang_Mechanic

Ford Master Technician
Ran into it a few times. This is the service message from Ford. Should be under warranty. If not proceedure is simple to do and I can email you the insert from the workshop manuel

44237 2010-2013 Mustang - Built On Or Before 10/31/2012 - Outside Door Handle Needs To Be Pulled More Than One Time To Open Door(s)
Some 2010-2013 Mustang vehicles built on or before 10/31/2012 may exhibit a customer complaint of outside door handle needs to be pulled more than one time to open door(s). Perform the Door Handle to Latch Rod Adjustment procedure in the Workshop Manual (WSM), section 501-14 under the General Procedures to correct this condition. Use available service labor times.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 14-OCTOBER-2013

Mustang_Mechanic

Ford Master Technician
orng302 said:
I have this same issue on my 2013 F-150. It is intermittent on mine.

Your concern with the f150 is different. Ford is having issues with the battery shifting in the key causing it to not have power intermittantly. There is an updated gasket set to install into the keys that fixes the conern. His issue with the mustang is after it is unlocked. When pulling the handle the latch rod doesn't move far enough to disengage the latch. The TSB for your f150 issue is 13-8-7. The updated gaskets have two dimples where that battery sits that will hold the battery in tighter

I don't have to hit the remote twice, I have to pull on the door handle twice after i have depressed the button on the remote once.

leland302 said:
TMSBoss: No, the window does not drop slightly on the first pull.
I had the same problem after I disconnected the battery. Try this: with the car door closed turn ignition on but don't start the car. Run the window all the way down, then run the window all the wAy up. Repeat. Turn ignition off then exit the car. Window should now drop upon opening. This worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors