The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

UPR Billet Shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
One of the site sponsors at another Mustang forum posted this link for their alternative to MGW;

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-manual-transmission-mount-shifter-11.html

I read their ad, then watched the first MGW vid where George explains the MGW design features. Seems like you are begging for increased NVH with the UPR one piece billet aluminum... MGW uses a cool sandwich style between the top and bottom of shifter.

So I was curious if any has ever tried / installed the UPR?

Looks like a nice piece at a very good price. It looks very similar in overall concept to the Steeda shifter and bushing, which I had on my old Boss. It worked well enough but didn't completely cure the occasional shift lockout issue I had.

I have yet to have any shifting issues with the MGW in my '13 LS. Yes the MGW is a lot more money and a bit more work to install but I, like all of us MGW lemmings, think it's worth every penny. I am generally skeptical of internet hype, however the MGW is the real deal.

from the pic it looks like the shifter is relocated about an inch to the back, which i've actually thought would make shifting a little more comfortable for me. now to wait and see if there are any reviews lol

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Yeah, I love my MGW too. I temper my enthusiasm when posting by not putting down other brands or brackets. I don't have any first hand knowledge of other shifters/brackets either, and went straight for the MGW. But I was curious about the UPR design. The OEM unit is already a short throw, and it seems like only the Hurst shifter is taller or the same height, whereas all the others I've seen are shorter.

Ah ok sorry I didn't realize you had an MGW already, Ace.

For people who want their shift knob to be a little taller, I would bet that MGW would make you a shaft that is an inch or so higher if you ask them. Otherwise, you can get a custom taller shift knob from Chris at lathewerks.com.

Sesshomurai

I got a taller billet knob. I think from Steeda. Also shift knob extender shaft.

cockpit.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors