The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

vid: Spun @ WSIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD GT3 RD said:
Lost it worse another time. Ended up a few feet from the wall on top of turn 3-4. Back end get loose easily on this turn

http://youtu.be/FGmlRgo2Boo
You didn't wait 5 seconds on the restart to turn off AdvanceTrac again ;D I wish the delay wasn't so long and you could just hit the button to turn it off.

cloud9 said:
You didn't wait 5 seconds on the restart to turn off AdvanceTrac again ;D I wish the delay wasn't so long and you could just hit the button to turn it off.

Haha I was just trying to get out of the way! Such a pain in the ass to turn off.

Brave man posting your oopsies. I have hundereds of miles at Willow and have done the same at the same spot. My race buddy totaled his Sports Racer on the inside curb doing the same. Sage advice tou rushed the corner and apexed to earliy, Go very late at that spot. Glad you missed the wall and the inside curb.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cloud9 said:

Ask Jason what he did at Chuckwalla. :eek:

...I'm not sayin' :-X

emcrace said:
Brave man posting your oopsies. I have hundereds of miles at Willow and have done the same at the same spot. My race buddy totaled his Sports Racer on the inside curb doing the same. Sage advice tou rushed the corner and apexed to earliy, Go very late at that spot. Glad you missed the wall and the inside curb.

All my buddies take it much later. I like it how I take it but if not executed just right that happens ;(. Gonna start going wider/later

Grant 302 said:
Ask Jason what he did at Chuckwalla. :eek:

...I'm not sayin' :-X
Let's just say that is one of the funniest stories I've heard but I'm not sayin' either. Let's just say there are benefits to having a track virtually all to yourself at times :-X

1) I have spun at that spot as well...and yes, it was when I apex'ed the corner a bit too early. Tough to visually late apex the corner because of the way the corner is setup. Buddy of mine in his Z spun and went down on the outside of the corner last WSIR event I attended. He was ok but side of the car was pretty messed up.

2) Story is this - go out on the track at Chuckwalla during one of the sessions on Monday without turning off traction control. Realize it and look around. Only one car behind, and as far as I can tell, he is the only car on the track (only one I could see). Let him go by on the straight and as I get to the end of the straight, I stop, hold the traction control button down and stare into my rear view mirror. Have to admit, those 6 or 7 seconds seemed to go by a bit slowly but traction control off and then back up too speed. With only 12 cars total running that day and no corner workers, figured I could be an idiot track guy for a moment.

Tulsa, OK
cloud9 said:

Agreed. I had AdvanceTrac turned off in my tune for awhile but my dash was lit up like a christmas tree. I went back to the old way of doing it.

DD GT3 RD- Glad you made it out of the corner with no damage!

TMO Supporting Vendors