The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

TimBoss351 said:
Man, I have drove those a million times in GT3, GT4, GT5, and GT6. Now I will have to go there and race the Boss (in the game) in honor of you racing there!

Me too on the ps3, thats about as close as I'll come driving there.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Saturday, 49 degrees, salt is everywhere and can't drive her, so did the next best thing, worked on her today. Changed oil, Motorcraft full synthetic 5W-50, WIX oil Filter. Serviced K&N drop in air filter, finished the Peterson can install, adjusted tire pressure, readjusted left side brake cooling hose mounts, (tire began to rub), checked clearance of oil cooler lines against sway bar, good now, and cleaned her hidden places. LOL

A good day spent with the Boss.
302 Hi Pro

Domestic Product said:
Got some spare parts posted on the for sale area and wiped the Boss down with quick detail wax and shine.
LOVE the sig pic! Yeah, and I just got done watching the Jimi Hendrix "Hear My Train A Comin'" DVD... 8)

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !

Thanks Andy, Its 1969 all over again!
When I think of a song that reminds me of the Boss it has to be Deep Purple , High Way Star.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KgZSnAkQc4c

Tulsa, OK

Installed some sparco hood pins today. It was a little nerve-racking drilling into a perfectly good hood but I think it turned out well!

IMG_4342_zpsf7cc49a9.jpg

20140201_175607_zps613bc222.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

My brother went to fairfax, va yesterday and picked the boss up from the dealership. it finally got its new transmission and mcleod clutch installed. While they had it apart I had a new Throw out bearing and pilot bearing as well as a cobra jet crank trigger. Driving home next weekend to pick it up. Cant wait.

Got the car back yesterday with Kooks headers and mid pipe install. It dyno'd at 407hp from a baseline of 383hp. Looks close to what Cooltech got with a catted midpipe. A very costly 25hp~, should have did the full exhaust.

Domestic Product said:
Thanks Andy, Its 1969 all over again!
When I think of a song that reminds me of the Boss it has to be Deep Purple , High Way Star.
Indeed! Song probably generated more speeding tickets than any other played on a car stereo!

Justin said:
My brother went to fairfax, va yesterday and picked the boss up from the dealership. it finally got its new transmission and mcleod clutch installed. While they had it apart I had a new Throw out bearing and pilot bearing as well as a cobra jet crank trigger. Driving home next weekend to pick it up. Cant wait.
That's good news. I look forward to read your comparison between the two clutches.

I installed my Stoptech 355x35 front brake kit yesterday.

IMG_3373_zps5117891b.jpg

Domestic Product said:
Rick,
Those brakes look awesome. What pads are you running with them and what is the plan for the rear?
I'm still running Pagid RS29 on the front and RS56 on the rear. No changes to the rear but when my current DBA T3 rotors wear out I'll switch to Power Slot rotors to match the looks of the front.

http://www.buybrakes.com/p-627-power-slot-slotted-brake-rotors.aspx

@Black Boss

Where are you tying into for your lower harness mounts? The seat looks good in there! Did you go with the Sparco base and side rails? Looking to do this myself soon

Received a VIP invite for the 2014 Chicago World of Wheels show Feb. 28th (www.worldofwheels.com) This year they are having a special Mustang exhibit in honor of the 50th anniversary. So, in order to retain the factory stock look, I had to install the original wheels on my Boss LS since the previous owner had put on Ford Racing wheels with Continental tires for daily driving (he sold me the original wheels and tires with the car). Also detailed the wheels wells, brake calipers etc. Should be fun to be a part of this show!

photo.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

neema said:
@Black Boss

Where are you tying into for your lower harness mounts? The seat looks good in there! Did you go with the Sparco base and side rails? Looking to do this myself soon

For the Lap Belts I used the Cooltech harness mounts bolted to the rear seat track bolts:

IMG_0838Medium_zpse95db137.jpg

For the sub belts, I drilled through the floorpan and used eyebolts:

IMG_0835Medium_zps38a73703.jpg

Here's the view from underneath:

IMG_0834Medium_zpsc245a42b.jpg

The LH bolt is very close to the Fuel pipe -- be sure to drill from underneath:

IMG_0831Medium_zpsa06e3dcd.jpg

I used the Planted Seat base, Recaro sliders and Sparco side mounts. Had to drill a couple of holes to match the sliders to the base, but not an issue. I may eliminate the sliders once I've fine tuned the setup.

Used the nuts welded to the plates that came with the Schroth belts for the sub belts and applied silicon sealant to the plate prior to torqueing the eyebolts.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Ordered my 19X9 and 19X10 Forgestar CF5V wheels in matte black. Will take six weeks to make so I have plenty of tyme to find rubber.

WorldFamousZ said:
Can't express how much this little mod helped me, I hated the positioning of the seat and the pedal when I first got my 2013, this was a little lifesaver! Totally worth it IMO

How did you remove the existing rubber pad?

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

When I installed mine I struggled to get it off for about 15 minutes, was about to use a screwdriver when my son climbed under there and had it off in 15 seconds using his fingers. He's stronger than me!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel