• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

TymeSlayer said:
Possibly on the '13s 'cause there definitely isn't one on the '12s.

So is the jury still out as to whether the Kooks side pipes will fit the 2013 with the spacer or aftermarket electric cutouts (which take their place) installed? Anyone with firsthand experience who can answer this?

I just received a set of the redesigned Kooks sidepipes that allow for greater adjustability. I do believe I have the spacer on my 2013 but won't know for sure until I get the car up on ramps. I should be able to get these installed in the next couple of weeks and if all goes well maybe this weekend. Someone else may help out beforehand but I'll let you know once I get under the car and get these installed.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !

Another sunny day here in Seattle. Fired the Boss up and drove to the gym and back, Filled her up with 76 premium on the way home. Found my self in Mexico so I had a brief run to 100. Starting to get itchy for some track time.

Hi,I live in Yokohama, Japan.I installed a Blowfish Racing front tow hook kit and a Whiteline transmission mount.
The quality of the tow hook satisfied me.

eaa52e8af9.jpg
3fae84b539.jpg
022618de0c.jpg
63945ebd8d.jpg
b1b87ee0d4.jpg
9cf76c5766.jpg
03fc7895e3.jpg

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

GottaBoss said:
So is the jury still out as to whether the Kooks side pipes will fit the 2013 with the spacer or aftermarket electric cutouts (which take their place) installed? Anyone with firsthand experience who can answer this?

Got under the car again today to re-torque all the bolts and yes the spacer is there and it fits just fine.
Hope this helps.

Fomoco302 said:
Got under the car again today to re-torque all the bolts and yes the spacer is there and it fits just fine.
Hope this helps.
I concur. Got mine installed today... Very nice fitment and the sound is intoxicating! I'm running the 7/8-inch disc's too.

-flipped my slicks on the wheels
-dremeled off the end of the strut bolts on the front (tires were a little too close for comfort with added camber)
-sanded down the edges of my homemade splitter
-switched from 91 back to e85 for an auto-x event next weekend.
-added track decal of MPH to the trunklid

Fomoco302 said:
Hope this helps.

Yes, thank you very much!

Highpower11 said:
I concur. Got mine installed today... Very nice fitment and the sound is intoxicating! I'm running the 7/8-inch disc's too.

How does the sound change when going from the stock side pipes to the kooks?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Installed my FR throttle body then found a quiet stretch of Mexican highway to test it out and bed my new pads and rotors. My impression of the TB, there is noticeable throttle response compared to stock. And man those pagid pads really bite, good thing I was using the restraints

Bikke302, do you even have the open road to drive a Boss there? Never been there but it looks crowded.

racered302 said:
Bikke302, do you even have the open road to drive a Boss there? Never been there but it looks crowded.

Mountain roads at midnight! at least that's what they do on Initial D lol

GottaBoss said:
How does the sound change when going from the stock side pipes to the kooks?

There is a noticeable change in sound quality and in sound level. I had the 7/8-inch baffles installed with the stock pipes and kept them with the Kooks. I know this is subjective but it is louder and the tone is deeper. Dropping the revs from say 3500 rpm to idle sounds far differently compared to the stock pipes. Because of the weather (snowing here in NH) I was unable to take the car for a ride.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

TymeSlayer said:
Possibly on the '13s 'cause there definitely isn't one on the '12s.
there is a spacer on the 12's and 13's identical set up.

The new kooks side pipes are meant to use with the spacers or electric cut outs.

I ordered a set over a month ago still waiting for them to show up.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMSBOSS said:
Steve

Your facebook entry mentions an optional cross brace for the cooltech rool bar. Can you tell us how much extra the cross brace costs??

Thanks

Optional diagonal cross brace was an additional $125.00, Steve

Installed Cool Tech LLC 6_point harnesses. Steve
https://www.facebook.com/steve.androsko.7

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

I gave it the day off. But yesterday, I got some new Alpine speakers installed, front and rear. There is definitely more clarity in the sound now.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.

After probably a year of sitting in a box in my garage, I installed the CoolTech rear tow hook. Front got installed when the kits first showed up.

545981_10100527423251574_241438796_n.jpg

1546129_10100527423226624_17833652_n.jpg

1688063_10100527423181714_665101153_n.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel