The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

I installed Nothing so there was nothing to do. My wife how ever keeps reminding me that funds are tight and how I should just be happy with what I have.

I dont know how you guys can keep investing in all of these mod$. God bless you!
I guess I'm lucky to just enjoy driving the car instead of tracking it. Could never afford it.
I guess this is what a wedding and college can do to a bank account. :eek:

One thing that I can afford is the pure enjoyment of getting behind the wheel and fireing up that HO302 and smashing the Go Fast Pedal to the floor when I get board. ;D

Took advantage of 50 deg temps today...moved it down to a friend's large climate controlled garage w/ 4-post lift to get a few things done to it over the next few months.

IMG_3313_zps88f16f23.jpg

boss man said:
I installed Nothing so there was nothing to do. My wife how ever keeps reminding me that funds are tight and how I should just be happy with what I have.

I dont know how you guys can keep investing in all of these mod$. God bless you!
I guess I'm lucky to just enjoy driving the car instead of tracking it. Could never afford it.
I guess this is what a wedding and college can do to a bank account. :eek:

One thing that I can afford is the pure enjoyment of getting behind the wheel and fireing up that HO302 and smashing the Go Fast Pedal to the floor when I get board. ;D
The good things about a BOSS:
It never complains.
It never asks you to do things you do not want to do.
It is always ready for fun when you are.
;D

Tulsa, OK

Installed H&R race springs, Koni yellow shocks/struts, and MM adjustable panhard bar. I managed to get -3 degrees of camber so I'm pretty happy about that.

roadhouse said:
Installed H&R race springs, Koni yellow shocks/struts, and MM adjustable panhard bar. I managed to get -3 degrees of camber so I'm pretty happy about that.

Besides the PHB that is the setup I really want. How is it on the street?

Tulsa, OK

Brandon302 said:
Besides the PHB that is the setup I really want. How is it on the street?

I just did a short little test today as it was getting dark. It felt good but the springs are definitely stiffer than the eibach pro-kit springs and stock shocks/struts I had on before. Looking forward to messing around with the adjustability of the konis. I'll report back more thoroughly on the ride after I can put some more miles on it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

neema said:
^^^nice! Are you leaving your rear swaybar off?

NEGATIVE. That gets hooked back up tonight, after I re-fill the diff with fresh fluid (was due for a change so decided to tackle the drain/seal prior to installing the Watts).
I run a pretty soft rear spring (230#) so I think without the bar the rear would roll far too much. I do have a set of 400# rears that I could try without the bar, but I really like the "extra knob" to tune with having the rear bar adjustment.

ArizonaBOSS said:

Very nice Drew! It looks just like mine. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the center pivot bolt location results. I have settled on being 1 slot below the center hole.
I did have the large bolts from the arms to the axle mounts loosen up and the pivot bolt once. I didn't use locktite initially and probably didn't get the center bolt quite tight enough after a change but they don't loosen up anymore.
I agree with needing the sway bar still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Ron:
I'll have a chance to flog it on-track this weekend. I might try just one hole below the center if I don't like how it's set now. We shall see :)

I definitely plan to keep an eye on the fasteners, hence the witness marks w/ the paint pen. We didn't use Loctite either...may have to go back and do that at some point if they loosen up. Shouldn't be a big deal since most of the work was just getting the clamps aligned and bar length set. I'm not worried about the ones that use Nyloc nuts, though.

Tulsa, OK

Thanks Neema! Yes, I made it out of 1/4" ABS plastic. The wheel spats were an after thought but I think they turned our really well :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel