The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

ArizonaBOSS said:
Technically I did this stuff on Thursday, buttttttttt...installed the right-side triangle net and swapped out the NRG hub adapter for the longer Sparco adapter to bring the wheel a little closer, preventing fatigue during races:

1526930_10100508743905134_1407983898_n.jpg

That's one awesome vehicle you have there. I'm envious.

Steve

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

ArizonaBOSS said:
The only downside is I typically drive it only 2-3 days a month now.

:( That's less than I drive mine...

And this was the other day, but I picked up a box cutter blade with my driver rear tire on the Boss :mad: Glad I only drove about 200 feet before I could stop and pull it out. Thought it was a blowout at first, but then I figured out that I picked up something big. It penetrated less than 1/4" at an angle so I think it should be okay.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

The Rip said:
Cool Tech Roll Bar finished.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BOSSOwnersAssociation/

https://www.facebook.com/steve.androsko.7

Steve

Your facebook entry mentions an optional cross brace for the cooltech rool bar. Can you tell us how much extra the cross brace costs??

Thanks

TMSBOSS said:
Steve

Your facebook entry mentions an optional cross brace for the cooltech rool bar. Can you tell us how much extra the cross brace costs??

Thanks

When I bought mine it was 200 more.

Didn't do anything to the Boss today, but on Sun went out and played cars in the East Bay Foothills above Oakland and Berkeley. Great view of SF from across the bay.

273_zpsf01816d8.jpg

274_zpsd652b455.jpg

268_zpsd0659cba.jpg

272_zpse67289b7.jpg

270_zpsfc5a5a8d.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
And there's Marty's car again. :p

My Boss suffers from anxiety if Marty's 500 isn't there. He's got that thing pretty dialed in. He's done pretty much everything I've done to mine plus a pulley and tune and Shelby brakes. He even put in the Fays 2.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Drove it to work for the last time :'( Not renewing the tags because the state of Arizona wants too much $ and I pretty much only drive it on the track now ;D

Fat Boss said:
Didn't do anything to the Boss today, but on Sun went out and played cars in the East Bay Foothills above Oakland and Berkeley. Great view of SF from across the bay.
Is this a local Mustang club? I live in Martinez and my Boss needs to develop social skills with other HiPo Mustangs... ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Tucson302 said:
Drove it to work for the last time :'( Not renewing the tags because the state of Arizona wants too much $ and I pretty much only drive it on the track now ;D

Oh boy. :)

Fiddler49 said:
Is this a local Mustang club? I live in Martinez and my Boss needs to develop social skills with other HiPo Mustangs... ;D

TEAM SHELBY - PACIFIC COAST REGION

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

It's mostly Shelby guys but they welcome the Boss 302 and other HiPo Fords. Keep an eye on the forum. The next BIG event is the Shelby Bash and 50th Mustang event in Vegas in April, but I'm sure we'll do a couple of smaller cruises before then.

Paxton got installed. The tt kit was removed last week.
Bmr k member will be in Monday along with lower control arms and the radiator support

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner

Installed my harness bar for the Race Quip belts. Replaced the side exhaust metal gasket on the passenger side. Still leaks slightly, try again tomorrow. :(

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Put a note to re-measure the ride heights on the car when the tire pressures are all equal and another 5 gallons of gas in the car...Fays2 watts link arrived today.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel