The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

I've read, if you heat the stock pedal with a heat gun, the rubber behind the pedal gets softer and slips off the metal bracket easier.

Thanks for the great response! The eyebolt plate for the sub mount came with your harnesses?

Black Boss said:
For the Lap Belts I used the Cooltech harness mounts bolted to the rear seat track bolts:

IMG_0838Medium_zpse95db137.jpg

For the sub belts, I drilled through the floorpan and used eyebolts:

IMG_0835Medium_zps38a73703.jpg

Here's the view from underneath:

IMG_0834Medium_zpsc245a42b.jpg

The LH bolt is very close to the Fuel pipe -- be sure to drill from underneath:

IMG_0831Medium_zpsa06e3dcd.jpg

I used the Planted Seat base, Recaro sliders and Sparco side mounts. Had to drill a couple of holes to match the sliders to the base, but not an issue. I may eliminate the sliders once I've fine tuned the setup.

Used the nuts welded to the plates that came with the Schroth belts for the sub belts and applied silicon sealant to the plate prior to torqueing the eyebolts.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

neema said:
Thanks for the great response! The eyebolt plate for the sub mount came with your harnesses?

Yes, both the eyebolts and the plates with nuts welded in place came with the Schroth harnesses. You can also but them separately.

Finally cleaned up my engine bay after the harness upgrade and battery relocation. Got tired of looking at the residue from the coolant leaks and the dirt/grime buildup from last track season. It actually looks a lot more open with the battery out of there. Did we ever reach a consensus on leaving/removing the foam around the intake?

enginebay_zpsb494b8e2.jpg

Unfortunately, nothing. Still at the dealer for leaking rear main and random misfire fixes. Been killing time watching the original Gone in 60 Seconds. Love the driving scenes without the digital enhancement of today's action films. My garage sure feels lonely. LOL

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything

Isn't the foam there primarily for cosmetics and slight NVH reduction?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Sadly I had to take my Boss to the dealer today. All weekend long it kept giving me error codes related to the advancetrac and would go into limp mode. I was only able to get in one full session out of 8 at Chuckwalla. But I did get my Blowfish Racing front tow hook installed thanks to Arizona Boss and his buddy Will! And Capt Distraction and Will showed me how to replace a cross threaded stud and luckily had an extra on hand. And to top it all off I caught a nasty cold in 70 degree weather. What a crappy weekend!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

I pulled the foam yesterday, they sure look nice but, they must really hold the heat in. I did leave the foam insulation on the fuel rails. Has any one pulled this as well?

Here's a Pic:

20140125_123555_zpsd07f2d97.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

Last night took of the front splitter and TRANS air scoop for winter driving. Also installed my kooks side pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

The Rip said:
Justin, how do those Kooks pipes look and sound?
I really would like to add these to my car.
Steve
They look really nice. still hard to see on my car due to the roush side splitters. The sound is much louder then stock. I have 3/4" plates in and its still crazy loud. I may choke it down to 1/2".

Now you get 0 directions for installing these. took me a little bit to get them on. the pass side is contacting somewhere makes a racket above 3k I will put in the spacer they sent along to see if that gets it far enough away from the pinch weld back there. I had clearance issues with the stock pipe had to shim it up to keep it from hitting as well. so it may just be my car.

After the winter lets up I am going to pull the tips off and polish them to a high luster.

If you have cat deletes on your car you may need to wear ear muffs to drive the car with these on.

Justin said:
They look really nice. still hard to see on my car due to the roush side splitters. The sound is much louder then stock. I have 3/4" plates in and its still crazy loud. I may choke it down to 1/2".

Now you get 0 directions for installing these. took me a little bit to get them on. the pass side is contacting somewhere makes a racket above 3k I will put in the spacer they sent along to see if that gets it far enough away from the pinch weld back there. I had clearance issues with the stock pipe had to shim it up to keep it from hitting as well. so it may just be my car.

After the winter lets up I am going to pull the tips off and polish them to a high luster.

If you have cat deletes on your car you may need to wear ear muffs to drive the car with these on.

Justin, just to confirm. Are you using the Kooks side pipes with the stock exhaust H-pipe? If so, can you confirm that you used the (approx. 3/4") spacer as well as the gaskets and restrictor plate when connecting them?

I'm planning to buy a set but want to make sure I can use my electric dump valves (which take the place of the spacer) with them.

Thanks

Justin

GottaBoss said:
Justin, just to confirm. Are you using the Kooks side pipes with the stock exhaust H-pipe? If so, can you confirm that you used the (approx. 3/4") spacer as well as the gaskets and restrictor plate when connecting them?

I'm planning to buy a set but want to make sure I can use my electric dump valves (which take the place of the spacer) with them.

Thanks
I have an ARH off road x pipe with side pipe hook ups. with those you cant use cut outs with the stock side pipes. so with the kooks you cant either. Hopefully that helps.

Justin said:
I have an ARH off road x pipe with side pipe hook ups. with those you cant use cut outs with the stock side pipes. so with the kooks you cant either. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks Justin.

Swapped the OEM Laguna Seca splitter for the FRPP World Challenge splitter. I had the top and edges painted Race Red to tie in with the LS red trim theme. The paint shop sanded smooth the texture on the splitter top to get the glossy finish. My inspiration to paint the splitter red came from steveespo’s Baus 302 painted in Wood Brothers Racing color scheme.

Red%20Splitter%203.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel