The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

VERY interested to see what you think of the JRis...

And yes--see you at Laguna!

Amazon link almost half price of Cortex, might as well just get em on Amazon...even if they are just poly they are worth a shot at $82 vs. the $450-500 FRPP kit.

ArizonaBOSS said:
VERY interested to see what you think of the JRis...

And yes--see you at Laguna!

Amazon link almost half price of Cortex, might as well just get em on Amazon...even if they are just poly they are worth a shot at $82 vs. the $450-500 FRPP kit.

I can't make out the number on the rubber of the Cortex units but the number of blurs matches the Prothane units. I can't picture where on the control arm these go. They look small in the pictures.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

WinterSucks said:
I can't make out the number on the rubber of the Cortex units but the number of blurs matches the Prothane units. I can't picture where on the control arm these go. They look small in the pictures.

These are for the rear of the Front LCA, they replace the giant hydra-bushing.

Got it. Found the Vorshlag bushing install ::) It looks like this bushing does not make the stock EPAS lose it's mind. Correct?

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Instructions/Eibach-poly-LCA-bushing/16696604_G8T6Zj#!i=1259264013&k=txPT6TJ

WinterSucks said:
Got it. Found the Vorshlag bushing install ::) It looks like this bushing does not make the stock EPAS lose it's mind. Correct?

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Instructions/Eibach-poly-LCA-bushing/16696604_G8T6Zj#!i=1259264013&k=txPT6TJ

Any bushing other than the stock bushing should make the EPAS rack go nuts, unless you have newer unit (supposedly 2012+)

I was hoping these wouldn't since they only move with the suspension and not the steering. I think the trouble was only at 55mph if I am remembering right? Bah, who goes 55 anyways :)

neema said:
Any bushing other than the stock bushing should make the EPAS rack go nuts, unless you have newer unit (supposedly 2012+)
I thought that was only on the GT and not the Boss?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

neema said:
From the various posts on S197 forum, it appears that the BOSS is not affected, and that the problem may be limited specifically to MY2011 GTs.

NFSBOSS said:
I thought that was only on the GT and not the Boss?

I believe that's the case, but the first year the boss was introduced was 2012, hence the lack of issues with the steering shudder. I remember seeing 2011s and "early" 2012s as the cars with problem racks.

I may be wrong. Haven't experienced any of it first hand.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

What width PF01s are you running the 305 Nittos on? I'm trying to figure out if I can fit the 305/35/18 on my 10" SVE Drifts and Roush wheels.

ArizonaBOSS said:
What width PF01s are you running the 305 Nittos on? I'm trying to figure out if I can fit the 305/35/18 on my 10" SVE Drifts and Roush wheels.

18x10.5. They're okay, but they bulge a bit. Next tires for these wheels will probably be some 285 or 295s.

Compare the rear wheel of the Porsche to my car. Both are the same 305/35 NT01, but the Porsche has 18x12s in the back vs my 10.5s.

baza4a4e.jpg

gaguvy9e.jpg

ArizonaBOSS said:

I run the 18x10.5 rear pf01's from cortex racing on the rear with 305/35 Nitto NT-01's. excellent tire ànd last with good rotation (bout every other 30-40 min track session). However they have been on national back order for three months. Spoke with nitto directly and they said they should be available again towards the end of July. I'm planning to order at least two sets of rears (4 tires total) once they are available again.

I also run square set of 275/35r18 continental slicks.

Luke

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

OK The 305 Nittos will probably be a stretch with my 10s; I might end up just going down to 275 Hoosiers so I can get some more power:weight credit with NASA to lighten the car up a bit more.

MAYBE add CJ intake setup for 2015...car doesn't really need more power, though.

MOD LIST FOR WINTER 2014:
Lethal perf. motor mounts
Moroso aluminum RR oil pan
302S front control arms/ball joints
Poly bushings for FLCAs
Odyssey Battery
Finally pull AC Compressor itself
Dynotech Aluminum DS (funds pending)

that's a nice list of future mods Drew...

I haven't seen the lethal performance motor mounts.. may have to look them up. Doesn't watson Racing make a set?

Luke

More test fitting. I have a small contact issue at full axle articulation. Trying to figure out if I can remove the spring perch on the shock.
ajyvusa4.jpg
gave5u6u.jpg
9a3anana.jpg

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Tucson302 said:
Drew my NT01's were 305's on the 18x10 drifts they seemed ok to me

Oh and if you are going back to DOT tires what are you going to do with all those slicks in your garage???

TMO Supporting Vendors