The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

steveespo said:
May buy a set of Nitto NT-01 for Watkins Glen so Pete and I are on the same tire, no potential bitchin' there.
Steve
Not $1,400 a set for 4-6 track day NT01's but $1,600 a set R6's for 2-3 track days. :p

steveespo said:
I also installed Ford Racing adjustable Panhard Bar
photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/photo212_zpsc5e7fbc1.jpg[/img][/URL]

Steve, my instruction said to put the adjuster on the passengers side and you installed on drivers side. Does it make a differance...Pro's / Con's

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

boss man said:
Steve, my instruction said to put the adjuster on the passengers side and you installed on drivers side. Does it make a differance...Pro's / Con's

Do you have the Ford Racing bar? If so post instruction sheet my box did not have one in it. It seems the adjuster is more accessible on the driver's side. I can't see that it matters, nothing can rotate once installed and jamb nuts tightened,
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

NFSBOSS said:
Not $1,400 a set for 4-6 track day NT01's but $1,600 a set R6's for 2-3 track days. :p

Yeah I just searched for appropriate sizes in both types of tires and there is no stock or sizes I don't want in either. I ordered another pair of 305/650-18 Conti GT-O from Turner. In season price of $130 each shipped though :(
Steve

It's crazy that we didn't notice the flat spot when putting the car on the trailer! Good catch on the cracked rotor too!

steveespo said:
Do you have the Ford Racing bar? If so post instruction sheet my box did not have one in it. It seems the adjuster is more accessible on the driver's side. I can't see that it matters, nothing can rotate once installed and jamb nuts tightened,
Steve
I have mine installed on the drivers side too. No issues here and mine didn't come with instructions either.

:eek:
steveespo said:
I wouldn't have it any other way. That little module changed the whole way the car brakes AND handles under braking. Much improved. 8)
Just giving you a hard time man. I'm certainly not the guy to be giving someone else grief about consumables :D

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

cloud9 said:
:eek:Just giving you a hard time man. I'm certainly not the guy to be giving someone else grief about consumables :D
I took it as a compliment. I have been driving the car much harder this year and it shows in the lap times. Trying to learn from the master ;D There is a huge amount of heat to shed from all of the driveline and braking systems. Have to get a transmission cooler setup in there, also thinking of bringing a floor fan to the track to blow into the front of the car in the pits between sessions.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

NFSBOSS said:
I'm surprised RR or WR don't make one. The trans scoop is not enough. I'm more concerned about the trans than I am about the diff.

Rick
300 degree fluid temp at the end of a 30 minute session. Scoop is not enough for sure. I was pushing hard but that is crazy. I have most of the parts but have to get the enthusiasm to start tinkering to make it all fit.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

1) installed RR center console plate, delete A/C controls and radio.
2) Looked at battery reli out from BR. Nice job Steve!. No time before leaving for WG tomorrow.
3) Fab'ed quick release for drivers side trailer fenders, car now too low with thr H&R race springs to open door even if my 15% body fat older son puts it on the trailer ;-)

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

PeteInCT said:
1) installed RR center console plate, delete A/C controls and radio. What???? How do you run the defroster when it rains?
2) Looked at battery reli out from BR. Nice job Steve!. No time before leaving for WG tomorrow. Good luck at the Glen, post in Lap time thread. Wish I could be there.
3) Fab'ed quick release for drivers side trailer fenders, car now too low with thr H&R race springs to open door even if my 15% body fat older son puts it on the trailer ;-)

I also installed the frpp oil cooler this morning. I'd have pieces mine together but have a good hookup for FRPP parts.

As far as the FRpP pan hard bar goes, I put mine in with the adjusters on the drivers side as well. Much better access.

As far as the yellow Koni sports go, I'll report back after my next track event at Barber (aug 2-3). Should have car all button up and off te jack stands by late Sunday. Then I'll make final toe adjustments, center rear axle, and dial in the bump steer kit. Then take her in for her final alignment next week. And shake her down and bed the new brembo race calipers and two piece rotors that I replaced my girodisc rotos an stock brembos with.

I'll post pics on Monday as I for have access to my computer this weekend.

Keep up the good work guys!

Luke

PeteInCT said:
1) installed RR center console plate, delete A/C controls and radio.
2) Looked at battery reli out from BR. Nice job Steve!. No time before leaving for WG tomorrow.
Do it. It's a great kit. Have fun at the Glen man!

steveespo said:
I took it as a compliment. I have been driving the car much harder this year and it shows in the lap times. Trying to learn from the master ;D There is a huge amount of heat to shed from all of the driveline and braking systems. Have to get a transmission cooler setup in there, also thinking of bringing a floor fan to the track to blow into the front of the car in the pits between sessions.
As you should 8) There are times I'm surprised the whole thing doesn't just spontaneously combust. Poor car. :-\

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel