The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

New HANS device showed up today. Really glad I decided to get one after watching a friend dump his mustang in the woods and another guy roll his mustang on track last weekend.

I picked up a new DEFNDER brand HANS device off eBay. DEFNDERs aren't being made anymore due to a patent lawsuit with HANS brand but they are still certified and they will recertify them when the time comes. I think the DEFNDER was the predecessor to the NECKSGEN but I'm not sure. Anyway, glad to have some additional safety equipment in the car.

DEFNDER_zps67a46931.jpg

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!

roadhouse said:
Really glad I decided to get one after watching a friend dump his mustang in the woods and another guy roll his mustang on track last weekend.

Good move! It's unfortunate that it usually takes someone else getting hurt or having an incident before we take the time / spend the money to stock up on safety gear. I bought my NecksGen after a certain Vorshlag car went airborne at Road Atlanta.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

JScheier said:
Good move! It's unfortunate that it usually takes someone else getting hurt or having an incident before we take the time / spend the money to stock up on safety gear. I bought my NecksGen after a certain Vorshlag car went airborne at Road Atlanta.

I went with the NecksGen also.

I leave it disconnected driving through the paddock and attach before moving to the track.

Not exactly built for comfort....but then again, it's not meant to be!!

Tulsa, OK

JScheier said:

It is unfortunate... I kept seeing a lot of videos pop up recently showing wrecks with and without HANS devices. They are expensive but definitely cheaper than a lifelong injury or worse if shiznit hits the fan on track.

JScheier said:
Good move! It's unfortunate that it usually takes someone else getting hurt or having an incident before we take the time / spend the money to stock up on safety gear.

It doesn't always take an injury. I started using a HANS well before I knew anyone that had wrecked hard, or had seen any injuries while competing. And I've put three of my friends into head-and-neck devices, also before seeing anyone get hurt. But yes, if you aren't being honest with yourself about the risks we subject ourselves to, then it may take that wake-up call to get folks to equip themselves properly for the sport.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!

modernbeat said:
It doesn't always take an injury. I started using a HANS well before I knew anyone that had wrecked hard....

yeah... but we all know you are smarter than the average bear :)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

installed the Blowfish racing shifter bracket. The NVH doesn't seem that bad at all to me.

Installed another prototype piece by Blowfish in hopes of removing the rattle stock shifter guys get, made a pretty significant improvement.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

Brandon302 said:
Installed another prototype piece by Blowfish in hopes of removing the rattle stock shifter guys get, made a pretty significant improvement.
\

Can you or Steve share with us the piece used to remove the rattle/vibrations?

TMSBOSS said:
\

Can you or Steve share with us the piece used to remove the rattle/vibrations?

I cannot speak on what the design is, however I can tell you that Steve is on the right track. Much less noise, same vibration but I personally like the vibration. There is also no compromise in rigidity which is awesome.

JScheier said:
^^^^^ Got my sexy car on the header of www.trackmustangsonline.com ^^^^^

;)
And it's such a great photo too bad I couldn't use the whole thing.

Who's next??

TMO Supporting Vendors