The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Bought Kooks Boss 302 Side Pipes, will be interesting with T springs. Hope it sounds good with the MagnaFow catback system.
2HP

I ran over two objects today. First was a freaking truck tire carcass. Car in front of me ran it over, got it airborne and it slapped my bumper!! What a horrible sound it made. But thankfully, no broken parts, just additional rubber marks and possibly paint chips to go along with marks from track. Second object was a hubcap. Both times I was in moving traffic, no where to escape!

^that sucks. We in Florida are really looking forward to much cooler weather!

I installed my 3/4" exhaust discs today.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Removed the interior, can I remove the E-brake assembly by just unbolting? Or is there more to it?

photo_zpsf5c48811.jpg

To make room for these

seats_zpsa499f740.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Oh, now you guys are getting into the fun stuff :)

I removed the brake, but the cable will still poke through the (metal) grommet in the floor. I ended up cutting through the cable with a dremel/cutoff blade and then removing the cable but there may be more "elegant" ways of doing this.

Keep us all posted with your progress!!

BTW--make sure you use an exhaust fan when blowtorching that stuff, the fumes MUST be toxic. I just shoved a wal-mart box fan into the trunk compartment and opened the trunk lid.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

roadhouse said:
The sound deadener comes off pretty easily but the seam sealer sucks.

Yes: I found that heating your BLADE will work better for the seam sealer. I used a "5-in-1" flooring tool for that, the blade is a little thicker.

A friend of mine picked up some chemical from lowe's and it apparently took the seam sealers off pretty well, off his e36. But you have to make sure you have good ventilation and a chemical mask.

Tulsa, OK

It's definitely not a huge weight savings mod, but I like the idea of doing it before the cage goes in and paint gets sprayed. And it should look a little nicer. GTs are supposed to have more sealer than Boss cars, correct?

Driver could lose a little here, too ;)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

06mach1 said:
I have been looking at TIG welders too. I think if I get one it will be from Eastwood. AC/DC and it goes on sale for $699 a lot.
Great minds think alike Mike. Didn't realize they went on sale. Probably Thanksgiving Sale next.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel