The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

steveespo said:
Drew how much did that bucket of sealer weigh? Too much work for not much gain to me. Of course if I stop eating for a week I could save 25 lbs. :eek:
Steve

Roughly 12lbs. Like roadhouse said, it's mainly so the inside is very pretty once the cage goes in :)

F.D. Sako said:
Looks great, very clean!
did you have to buy an adjustable panhard bar as well?

I had one from my previous GT, but yes always recommended.

Rear gap is greatly reduced.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Grant 302 said:
Just celebrated her 3rd 'birthday' today.

Grant: that is a good thought, my Boss is an October 2011 build as well. Mine is Boss production number 2800. What is your build sequence number? I'll have to look at my records, but pretty sure it was the 3rd week of October 2011.

Dave
2HP

13Boss0166 said:
Got my car back today with a Kognition Design / Built 2 Apex wing kit on it.

Kognition Design makes the element and Built 2 Apex makes the mounts.

IMG_9490_zps2f44bf0e.jpg

I had been meaning to ask on SVTP whether that was braced under the trunk? I have seen a few cars with similar wings and the trunk ends up deforming from the down force.

Grant 302 said:
Just celebrated her 3rd 'birthday' today.
I missed this. Happy belated birthday!

I'm shopping for a new short block to beef up the LS:) She's at AED is Cameron Park right now.

No, but I am fairly certain the motor has been hurt for some time. The compression and leak down test is tomorrow and I'll let you know what they say. It uses oil every track day by the quart. It's mainy when I'm coming off the gas under engine breaking, blue smoke on the left bank. It's an early car (#204) and there were ring problems on these early cars. With the aluminum drive shaft and Kooks long tubes getting Ford to do anything under warranty is tough.

Talking to the guys at AED who really really know their stuff, I can sell the short block and get an Aluminator short block with 9.5 or 11.0 to 1 compresion for a decsent price. I can keep the top of my Boss motor which is where all the expense is on those motors. It's really a dedicated track car so I'm gonna have some fun with it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

GTMikey said:
No, but I am fairly certain the motor has been hurt for some time. The compression and leak down test is tomorrow and I'll let you know what they say. It uses oil every track day by the quart. It's mainy when I'm coming off the gas under engine breaking, blue smoke on the left bank. It's an early car (#204) and there were ring problems on these early cars. With the aluminum drive shaft and Kooks long tubes getting Ford to do anything under warranty is tough.

Talking to the guys at AED who really really know their stuff, I can sell the short block and get an Aluminator short block with 9.5 or 11.0 to 1 compresion for a decsent price. I can keep the top of my Boss motor which is where all the expense is on those motors. It's really a dedicated track car so I'm gonna have some fun with it.

Welcome to my world...good luck with the rebuild. Will very likely be doing 11:1 aluminator short block here too, come December.

Yeah, I have a friend with a 2011 GT350 with the Roadrunner engine. He said you can run 7lbs of boost on the 11:1 and 20lbs on the 9.5:1. Unsure if I will go with a supercharger or not. Aluminator is a nice engine, impressive.

Tulsa, OK

Sucks to hear about y'alls engine problems... I had a friend blow his on track earlier this year. Hoping mine doesn't join the club anytime soon :-\

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

roadhouse said:
Sucks to hear about y'alls engine problems... I had a friend blow his on track earlier this year. Hoping mine doesn't join the club anytime soon :-\

Run good fuel :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

So cylinder 1=158, 2=162, 3=155, 4=160, 5=170, 6=162, 7=162, 8=170.

My understanding is that 170 is the pass pr good number. Any thoughts, opinions or knowledge out there??

Yesterday, my Boss got a complete detail and good coat of wax....got a big car show this weekend with the local Mustang Club.

About to go out and remove the side pipe restrictor plates......

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Kooks Gen II Boss side pipes. Kooks products have super nice welds and high quality stainless.

20141024_140513_zpsmttukgwn.jpg

2HP

Installed dynotech driveshaft, roush uca, trans shifter mount, roush air intake , gt500 mufflers, sound tube delete and redline hood struts. Man I love my Boss . More mods coming!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel