The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Tucson302 said:
Going down the back straight at WOT right around 7K rpm and heard this God awful sound for about 1 second and then smoke every where. There is oil coming out of the exhaust and oil blown thru the CAI. Engine only has 5500 miles on it so hoping warranty fixes it.

Man...this kind of stuff makes me cringe. Keep us posted and good luck with Ford.

Good luck finding Rival.

Here's the answer I got when I send BFG an email last week :

Hello,

When the Rival will be available in the 295/35R18?

I will need a new set by the end of April.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------

We apologize the BF G-Force Rival in size 295/35r18 is on national backorder and not available for retailers to order. Please check back with us about mid April if possible. Hopefully we will have some good news for you by then.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM Eastern Time on Saturday.

Sincerely,

Bill
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Tucson302 said:
Going down the back straight at WOT right around 7K rpm and heard this God awful sound for about 1 second and then smoke every where. There is oil coming out of the exhaust and oil blown thru the CAI. Engine only has 5500 miles on it so hoping warranty fixes it.

Sorry to hear. :( Turn 8 has claimed a lot of engines. Sustained 1G+ loads are a lot of strain on the whole oiling system.

Best of luck with Ford and your rebuild.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Grant 302 said:
Sorry to hear. :( Turn 8 has claimed a lot of engines. Sustained 1G+ loads are a lot of strain on the whole oiling system.

Best of luck with Ford and your rebuild.

Thanks Grant & Logan it was a fast fun track but damn the loss of the engine sucks! Will keep the forum apprised of Fords decision

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Swiss Boss said:
Good luck finding Rival.

Here's the answer I got when I send BFG an email last week :

Hello,

When the Rival will be available in the 295/35R18?

I will need a new set by the end of April.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------

We apologize the BF G-Force Rival in size 295/35r18 is on national backorder and not available for retailers to order. Please check back with us about mid April if possible. Hopefully we will have some good news for you by then.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM Eastern Time on Saturday.

Sincerely,

Bill
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert

OUCH!!!
Ya i saw on Tirerack the est time was April 30,was hopin they were a little off...lol
Any other suggestions for tires if these aren't goin to be available? Thanks

The Hankook RS-3 V2 is a good alternative to the Rival.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+R-S3+%28Version+2%29&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=835WR8Z222XLV2&tab=Specs

Compared to the Rival or the Dunlop according to tire rack.

I'm really looking at the Dunlop if the Rival are not available but might end up with the RS-3 due to the better size and lower cost. Hard choice.

Wow thanks for the link for the TrefeoR. I didn't know they were making in different size. I thought it was still a Z28 exclusivity.

Unfortunately I still drive the Boss on the street (no trailer) so R compound don't work for me otherwise I would have the NT-01 in 305 or even take-off slick.

The AD08 R is way too expensive for what it is compared to the other.

Swiss Boss said:
Wow thanks for the link for the TrefeoR. I didn't know they were making in different size. I thought it was still a Z28 exclusivity.

Unfortunately I still drive the Boss on the street (no trailer) so R compound don't work for me otherwise I would have the NT-01 in 305 or even take-off slick.

The AD08 R is way too expensive for what it is compared to the other.
I drive my Boss to the track with NT01's but it hasn't rained in CA in over three years so I don't have to worry about that!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Tucson302 said:
Dropped it off at the dealership on my way home from Willow Springs, you can add LS #439 to the list of Boss's with blown motors!

What a royal bummer dude. Sorry to hear of your misfortune but am curious as to what happened.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Rolled fenders yesterday. No cracks in the paint except for the rear passenger fender where I had body work done and the joint was in the middle of the fender. No big deal...not really anything that could be done about it.

13156_10100875492807394_1230560750232818231_n.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel