The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Installed the GT500 13.8" rear brakes. I used the Baer bracket 670-0183, (which is really an adapter bracket to push out the caliper about an inch) so I did not have to remove the caipers, or axles to do the install. No bleeding of the brakes or diff oil needed. The bracket cost was $85 each plus shipping from Baer in Arizona. Oh, you will need to get 4 bolts, M12 X 55mm long (I used 60mm, as that was all I could find).

Here is a picture with the Baer bracket installed. (of course it is the black one)
031.jpg

Before picture of the 11.8" rear brakes.
024.jpg

After picture of the 13.8" GT500 brakes.
033.jpg

After picture with Boss 19" wheel.
038.jpg

After picture with my GT500 20" wheel.
036.jpg

These brackets are the ones that come in the 14" Baer rear brake kit 226-2019. The GT500 Rotors are slightly smaller at 13.8", and therefore the brake pads are located right at the outer edge of the rotor. I hope this is not going to be an issue.

Here is a picture of the pad to rotor. (Pad extends about a 1/16th past the rotor)
034a.jpg

I am going to try and get the 15" GT500 front brakes installed in the next couple weeks. They will involve bleeding the brakes.

Tony that's great info. Member YoPauly has the Baer rear kit and I always wondered if that bracket would work with a stock offset rotor. Did you ask Baer if they sell the bolts? It's hard to tell from your photo but does the pad extend beyond the end of the rotor? If so I don't think that's a big deal as the pads on my front Stoptech brake kit do that slightly.

NFSBOSS said:
Tony that's great info. Member YoPauly has the Baer rear kit and I always wondered if that bracket would work with a stock offset rotor. Did you ask Baer if they sell the bolts? It's hard to tell from your photo but does the pad extend beyond the end of the rotor? If so I don't think that's a big deal as the pads on my front Stoptech brake kit do that slightly.

Did not ask about the bolts when I ordered the brackets (they show bolts and washers in their kit and I prefer the bolt with washers built in, the same as what is on our cars). Their info stated that the kit has 55mm long bolts, so I just sourced them locally, and got 60mm bolts with a washer build into to the bolt. If you look at the first picture, you will see the 60mm bolt in a gold color and it only comes out about 1 thread.

In the last picture, the arrow is pointing to the pad extending beyond the stock GT500 rotor.

Installed fire extinguisher using Blowfish Racing bracket. Good Product. No rattles! Awaiting arrival of MGW race spec shifter. :)

Swiss Boss said:
Beat on it at the track :) And she slapped me on the face by throwing codes :(

https://youtu.be/IMuXK7A3p1o

Shes switches gears pretty effortlessly, what mods do you have done to trans/ shifter?

gs462 said:
Shes switches gears pretty effortlessly, what mods do you have done to trans/ shifter?

MGW Race spec, solid motor mount and JPC clutch line. Everything else is stock.
The MGW is awesome. Huge improvement compared to Gen1 which was a good improvement over stock.

Swiss Boss said:
MGW Race spec, solid motor mount and JPC clutch line. Everything else is stock.
The MGW is awesome. Huge improvement compared to Gen1 which was a good improvement over stock.

Did you have Youtube correct for vibration on your video, I ask because that video was super wavy.

Brandon302 said:
Did you have Youtube correct for vibration on your video, I ask because that video was super wavy.

I don't think so. I didn't do anything to it.

I know it's shaky, I have to find a solution for that but so far nothing is good enough.
I have a ram mount mounted on the roll bar with a support for the Iphone6

I bought it....actually not today, Saturday. Traded my 03 ZY Terminator and some cash for a 2013 Boss. It was a deal I couldn't pass up ;D

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

JW Last said:
I bought it....actually not today, Saturday. Traded my 03 ZY Terminator and some cash for a 2013 Boss. It was a deal I couldn't pass up ;D

You do know how to make an entrance!!

First post. Welcome!!

Did you get the original block also??

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Installed a Dynotech 1-piece aluminum DS. Combined with the lightweight battery I installed yesterday, I just shaved 40 lbs off the car. :)

RR2334 said:
Is this the the car that was on Horse Power TV, when they added the twin Hellion turbos.

Thanks for the nice welcome. Yes this the car from the TV show. I know the cars owner. I wasn't looking to buy it (I was having too much fun with my Terminator) but he was looking to sell to fund his next project...the rest is history.

TMSBOSS, I didn't get the original long block with the car. It hydrauliced a cylinder due to an injector issue so they just swapped the whole thing out.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

TMSBOSS, I didn't get the original long block with the car. It hydrauliced a cylinder due to an injector issue so they just swapped the whole thing out.
[/quote]

Ouch. Always has been hard to compress liquids.

JW Last said:
Thanks for the nice welcome. Yes this the car from the TV show. I know the cars owner. I wasn't looking to buy it (I was having too much fun with my Terminator) but he was looking to sell to fund his next project...the rest is history.

That car made tons of power and torque. If I recall, there were two tunes, one at 700+ HP and the second at 900+ HP. Must be a blast to drive. Also, real early production number at 0006.

JW Last said:

This one.
http://powernationtv.com/episode/EP2014-07/twin-turbo-coyote

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

TMO Supporting Vendors