The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

13Boss said:
I thought you had ESP?!
Nope. I don't usually pay for extended warranties and didn't this time either. The alternator failure is due to track use so I'm fine replacing it as a maintenance item. Would have been nicer if it had failed last year though.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Finally got around to installing my breather can. Pics have a push pin holding the bracket but the final install has a short 1/4-20 nylock that sits flush with the cowl trim.
16956937403_2a3db96076_z.jpg

17389459648_2aa329cfc9_z.jpg

17550900276_6ed35c90b5_z.jpg

16954681354_e15394be22_z.jpg

Test fit Blowfish extinguisher bracket. Will put it back in just before MRLS.

Tested more rear shock settings with less crap in the trunk. It's surprising how much the extra mass affects tuning.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Peeled some old decals off and set up some new ones. Gonna run a new fuel vapor line tonight for the Evap system delete I did this weekend.

Can you post a few pictures? I'm about to do it myself soon.

Is it easy as removing all the crap under the spare wheel, plug the input on the manifold and have it tuned so it doesn't throw codes?

Also what size line are you using for venting the tank?

Thanks

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

Track day at Blackhawk farms with DD336.

Good times for Mustangs.

Bad day for Corvette, expired engine. Also for a Honda which went into a corner with 4 wheels and came out with 3. Suspension still attached to wheel. OOPS.

drano38

Wayne

Today I put the Motorcraft diff fluid back in (drained it last weekend), and drained the trans fluid.
Thursday plan to put the Redline MTL in the trans.
Also had new tires put on the pickup--Yokohama Geolander ATS. Old tires were almost bald, so didn't feel safe towing with them this season.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Finished the install of the Aggressor splitter:

17593959216_973b6e2046_z.jpg

16999920373_91faa3db5a_z.jpg

17432683840_e3254fb506_z.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks to Sam and Rick for the parts!

For anybody with GT/CS facia, the holes for the stanchions need to be drilled. Taking measurements from my Boss, I got 14" O.C. and 2" back from the top/front edge of the facia. Used a 1" spade for the holes and they worked perfectly.

17593978826_6ed43af8b7_z.jpg

Grant 302 said:
Finished the install of the Aggressor splitter:

Thanks to Sam and Rick for the parts!

For anybody with GT/CS facia, the holes for the stanchions need to be drilled. Taking measurements from my Boss, I got 14" O.C. and 2" back from the top/front edge of the facia. Used a 1" spade for the holes and they worked perfectly.

All this time of reading your posts, I thought you had a 2012 CO Boss, but you have a 2012 KB Boss.

I'll have the exact same wheel,/tire set up for Superfest.[quote author=KBBOSS1086link=topic=2494.msg139500#msg139500 date=1431574627]
Got the new slicks mounted on my new AM wheels. Only about 10 more things to get done before Superfest next week!

image.jpg1_5.png
[/quote]

NFSBOSS said:
Installed the stock side pipe exhaust discs in preparation for a 90 db day at Laguna Seca next week. Boo!

Same, Do ya one better, Found a knock/tick on the right side Cat that went away when warmed up. The cause, lose band clamp on the drivers side H-pipe. Thinking it broke at Button Willow with the off track, funny how sound travels. I put the little hole disc in my too, still think in might be to loud though, we'll see. Swapping out brake lines today.

Tri-bar said:
Same, Do ya one better, Found a knock/tick on the right side Cat that went away when warmed up. The cause, lose band clamp on the drivers side H-pipe. Thinking it broke at Button Willow with the off track, funny how sound travels. I put the little hole disc in my too, still think in might be to loud though, we'll see. Swapping out brake lines today.

You've been busy Ashley!

TMO Supporting Vendors