The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Re: what did you do to your boss today?

Washed mine this morning, then drove around going absolutly nowhere just to listen to the engine with the red key and watching the gas gauge go down! Love it.

They fit like stock. You do have to remove front bumper cover to install so after doing it on garage floor really would recommend using ramps or lift and having a friend help.

Still need to aim the lights but output seems same as stock lights.

Sesshomurai

fbbob96 said:
Washed mine this morning, then drove around going absolutly nowhere just to listen to the engine with the red key and watching the gas gauge go down! Love it.

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one who does this!

Mike5876 said:
I live in south Florida....boca raton
Kit has 2 62 mm turbos....80lb ford racing injectors..very efficient on 7-12 lbs boost...the thing I like is that no cutting or welding on stock stuff...can go back to stock if desired

It has been on dyno....I can't say hp or torque cause muscle mustang is doing a contest where readers guess hp for a prize...it's on Facebook

Car starts idles and sounds stock....until you push the pedal

You went to BBR?

bolted my transmission cooler on today. and i also added about 15 miles to the car also. driving it is so much fun.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Justin said:
this one?
531342_10151072437986001_775645822_n.jpg

Somehow that's making me feel inadequate for just checking the oil today :(

That's just a whole lot of GHIG awesomeness... :)

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

fbbob96 said:

I find myself doing that a lot. It's really kind of theraputic.

Brian

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

today I installed a Steeda CAI and then tried out two of their tunes. Then put it away in the garage as it started to down pour and possible hail.

Justin said:
today I installed a Steeda CAI and then tried out two of their tunes. Then put it away in the garage as it started to down pour and possible hail.

Have you had a chance to drive the car sinse the the Steeda Tune? How do you like it compared to the trak key?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

seca954 said:
Justin said:

Have you had a chance to drive the car sinse the the Steeda Tune? How do you like it compared to the trak key?
I did get to drive it last night and some today. I have been driving the CAM idle tune and its not as bad as I initial thought but still not as peppy as the TK or the Reg Idle tune. It is very easy to stall now. Its been raining here all day yesterday and today since I put the tunes on so its hard to judge it fairly just yet as I can smash it fully.

Pulled my front rotors and cleaned off the anti-seize, installed new pads, bed-in new pads, washed it, pulled the grille to see if I could hog it out any more, cleaned bugs and rubber off the condenser and oil cooler, pulled both seats, installed the race seat and harnesses, installed the fire extinguisher, put the numbers on the sides and roof, bled the brakes, checked the oil, cleaned the K&N, vacuumed the interior, filled it with gas, programmed the lap timer, pulled the trunk liner and removed the rear license plate. All in all, not much.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything

Installed CoolTech sound tube delete kit. As others have said before, don't waste your time trying to chase down the parts on your own, just order this kit. Even if you are ambivalent on the asthetics of this mod, the fact that this lame tube is in the way when checking your oil should be motivation enough.

Also installed hide-a-way front license plate bracket. Had to drill 3 small holes in the splitter and use self tapping screws, but am very pleased with the end result. Will edit in pix later. Currently rewarding myself for the days efforts (including non-Boss related activities) with a single frosty pint of Dogfish 60 IPA at the local tavern. Took the scenic route after the lawn tractor decided to puke the brake belt on the lawn after replacing the bad starter mower.

Also discovered the first 'in the paint' scratch right on the hood, near the other chip in the passenger hood vent.....

I guess before I got my Boss I would have pitched a major fit or would want to kick the dog (we have FIVE cats - not my preference). I surprised myself at how I took it in stride.

Why? Because it's a freaking Boss Mustang, and not a garage queen. It's meant to be driven, and these kind of road scars come with the territory. You can fix any and all kinds of cosmetic imperfections on the paint, but you can't fix or replace the driving soul of this beast if it wasn't there to begin with. We can respray paint and repair superficial damage, but we could never transplant the 'soul' that the Ford Racing Team bestowed upon this vehicle for us to enjoy.

Changed the oil. Decided to swap out the FL-500S and start using the FRPP 820S.

IMG_2078.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel