The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Re: what did you do to your boss today?

I looked at a picture of my wife standing in front of mine while my in-laws drove it. :( Maybe I converted my father-in-law. :)

CrashTex

Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow

Drove 800 miles in her.... About 12 hours on the road.

Got a little over 20 mpg... Pretty comfortable overall. Car's gas capacity and my bladder capacity were fairly well paired. The tank was around empty about the time I was around full.

Once in a while, people broke out their cell phones to take pics or gave me a thumbs up as I passed... Wife asked if I felt like a rock star-- I said no, I'm just the chauffer. The car is the rock star & I'm just its driver.

not today but last weekend i installed my sphon rear control arms, the pan hard bar relocation brackets and the rear dba rotors. they weighed in the same as the stockers though.

everything else was over half the weight in reduction. stock rear panhard bar has sand in it i think. lol

installed the eibach springs also and the front uses the mm upper mounts.

thanks to those that spelled this all out before i started to do the work. made life easier.

i also installed the cai from steeda that i bought, painted its mas the same sby as the body and the strut tower brace.
came out rather nice. decent contrast under the hood.

with that came the sct tuner and the tune from jon lund. skeptical at first but rest assured this car accelerates so much faster now. banged out my first 8300 rpm shift too. never stopped pulling and is very much a faster car now. my wife rode with me on that test and all we know how women can be sometimes. well all she could muster on that run was a very serious "wow". so i think it was a success.

i also have one of the cammed tunes and every day driving is no different than stock. i will install the AR headers next week along with the off road x pipe with quad hookups. should help me decide how much muffler i am going to be needing. lol

i am leaning towards the gt500 since i do not want the car too loud

Cleaned up, polished and waxed the wheels. Ran out of time to polish and wax the rest of the car... that's for tomorrow.

Took it a Charity Event for Lung Cancer awareness yesterday. 165 cars showed up (Various Models and Makes, from 1930 to 2013.) Didn't win any trophies, but that is not why I went anyways. The show raised $12,500 for the Charity, so it was a good day..

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

cloud9 said:
I unloaded it off the trailer after getting rained out for day 2 at the track today :'(

Ugh.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Changed the rear pads. I hate those damn rear calipers ! ;D Overall I'm very happy with the stock brake calipers front and rear from a performance perspective, but swapping out those rear pads and compressing that piston is a PITA. I'm thinking of swapping out the rear calipers just so I can get a 'quick pad replace' design like the fronts. I'm a big Stop-Tech fan, they may have a 2 or 4 piston for the rears.

PeteInCT said:
Changed the rear pads. I hate those damn rear calipers ! ;D Overall I'm very happy with the stock brake calipers front and rear from a performance perspective, but swapping out those rear pads and compressing that piston is a PITA. I'm thinking of swapping out the rear calipers just so I can get a 'quick pad replace' design like the fronts. I'm a big Stop-Tech fan, they may have a 2 or 4 piston for the rears.
Are you using the Harbor Freight brake compressor? I'm interested in what you find out about upgrading the rear calipers.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

I have a pneumatic piston compressor (SIR Tools ST-9020-kit http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=GCB&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&biw=1363&bih=883&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=xDd7R_KtzQmB1M:&imgrefurl=http://djvmerchandise.com/pro1206311.html&imgurl=http://djvmerchandise.com/library/2SIRSI9020-KIT.jpg&w=470&h=342&ei=hd46UKfLKfTI0AGC4IBw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=448&sig=100628142464347336271&page=1&tbnh=151&tbnw=201&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:83&tx=119&ty=122). It's a great tool. It's just a pain to have to use it vs. just pressing the pistons in by hand like we can with the front calipers.

I probably won't look to replace the rear calipers until next season... Gary will surely beat me to it :eek:

Today I dropped the car off at Cortex Racing to have the front part of the cage added and to have some other go-fast mods done.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel