The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was able to finally successfully install a Kicker VSS sub and amp in the boss. Only took 3 systems before I got the correct set up (no fault of Kicker). Install wasn't to bad, and the added parts really wake up the radio and speakers. Don't worry, I can still hear the car rumble and it all sounds awesome together.

I may be putting one of these in my F250 in the future. Looks like an easy package to install.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Installed SVT GT 500 fan, upgraded the cooling system to 2007 routing, installed a new alternator and sacrificed the A/C condenser. That last one hurt just a little bit :(
Radiator ducting and Rod end trailing arms in progress. Torque arm coming soon.

13323558_10154212468683535_219474657316057438_o.jpg

13391636_10154212468693535_5497912655997543041_o.jpg

cant make this up.. Go out to my car this morning and someone broke in and rifled my paperwork and swiped some of my owners manual etc. anyone know how to notify ford NOT to make keys for this. I have it on film, I have several watching the cars etc. walked right up to the boss left the Mercedes and fusion alone. They knew it was here. Long lanky white guy with shorts and a hoody. His ass is mine. Steal my wife, steal my food, steal my money fine. Mess with my Boss your done.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
CrossBoss said:
cant make this up.. Go out to my car this morning and someone broke in and rifled my paperwork and swiped some of my owners manual etc. anyone know how to notify ford NOT to make keys for this. I have it on film, I have several watching the cars etc. walked right up to the boss left the Mercedes and fusion alone. They knew it was here. Long lanky white guy with shorts and a hoody. His ass is mine. Steal my wife, steal my food, steal my money fine. Mess with my Boss your done.
Wow, that really blows...sorry to hear this. :(

Fabman said:
Wow, that really blows...sorry to hear this. :(

Thanks! The car was not harmed and I have it blocked in at night. I'm going to have to garage it daily. I keep it out in better weather. The video shows them up on my deck looking through my sliders probably for the keys. It's the feeling violated that sucks. They were no more than 3 feet away from the track key and didn't know it...

302BOB said:
Usually a dealer won't cut a key without the registration (VIN) & proof of ownership. That might not be true with a shady locksmith. I'd keep your Boss in the garage from now on if I were you.
At least they will not be able to start the car. The key would have to be synced with the security module to run the car, no? A shady locksmith would not be able to do this, only cut a key that would open the car....

BigTaco, I've had a couple spare keys made in the past for various vehicles and the locksmith I used came to my house in his van, cut the key, then used his portable computer plugged into my car to program the key to start the car. Usually took less than 15 minutes. I don't know how difficult it would be to do on a Boss but be aware it can be done.

302BOB said:
BigTaco, I've had a couple spare keys made in the past for various vehicles and the locksmith I used came to my house in his van, cut the key, then used his portable computer plugged into my car to program the key to start the car. Usually took less than 15 minutes. I don't know how difficult it would be to do on a Boss but be aware it can be done.

I've had this done in ny on a 2011 town car. They made me produce the title.
I sent Bob a pm, my messages aren't working.

302BOB said:
Wow. I did not realize that was possible; thanks for the info....

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Getting the car ready to head up to Steamboat Spring for the 28th Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up. Cleaned the outside good and noticed quite a bit of rubber from my last track day on the radiator. Guess there isn't so much air restriction with my Roush 7 Billet Grille. Used a medium nylon brush to get most of it off.

TMO Supporting Vendors