The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I re did my Windshield banner. Off with the Ford Racing and on with this one. I want to thank Grant 302 for setting me up with the links to make this. It was a pain to do but it turned out okay. Once the Ford ovals show they will be installed too.
20170203_1448171.jpg
20170203_1447491.jpg

Replaced the stock battery with a lithium - 22 pounds gone. Modified the stock battery tray to lower it for the slightly taller new battery.

image_zpsjovni31y.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Adjusted Watts link from Middle upper to Middle lower bolt hole, torque check bolts, brake bleed, fitted G Stream uprights and Watson reinforcements to decklid prior to dropping decklid off at body shop for coat of Wood Brothers Racing Red on top. Should have all buttoned up to leave for VIR Friday morning.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Had her at DWW Motorsports for some work.
Installed F/R Ford control arms/bushings/brackets,bumpsteer kit/ABS module/MGW shifter.
Took out Fays and put KB relocate panhardbar back in. Corner balance and weighed 3777 w/ 3/4 tank.
How she sits
image.jpg1_33.jpg
image.jpg3_15.jpg
image.jpg6_4.jpg
image.jpg5_8.jpg

Cobrarob said:
Had her at DWW Motorsports for some work.
Installed F/R Ford control arms/bushings/brackets,bumpsteer kit/ABS module/MGW shifter.
Took out Fays and put KB relocate panhardbar back in. Corner balance and weighed 3777 w/ 3/4 tank.
How she sits
image.jpg1_33.jpg
image.jpg3_15.jpg
image.jpg6_4.jpg
image.jpg5_8.jpg

Rob,
what are those front control arms like to live with on the street? I know they are not a "street" part, I'm just looking for some real world comparisons....

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
BigTaco said:
Rob,
what are those front control arms like to live with on the street? I know they are not a "street" part, I'm just looking for some real world comparisons....

Hey BigTaco, note I also did the bumpsteer kit...
I only did a 5-10 minute blast when I picked her up, but my initial impression was I heard squeaking and clanking up front(Which doesn't bother me) They said it has to settle in. On the smooth road it was AWESOME but at low speeds pulling into my garage I heard the noises. As for the usual track maintenance,also said for street driving to watch the forward bolt for movement(loosening) and ball joint loosening.

Hopefully this helped. Weather permitting hopefully take her out for a longer cruze.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Today begins a new secret project....

New shoes today. Giving the Nitto NT555G2 a try to see how I like them. Been a Continental customer for years (street only), but sound like they are discontinuing the DW so decided to switch it up.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Boss got its annual rinse-down. Got an hour drive in.

Then more CTSC graphics for the FakeR.

32907287025_e60309f91d.jpg

32753637472_eb2fc5a699.jpg

32092500303_dd9ca5f053.jpg

Just need my TMO banners for the quarter panels..hint, hint ;)

captdistraction said:
No room unfortunately. I really wanted it anywhere but in the passenger compartment. This is what compromise looks like. I'm going to shield the burst valve though so if/when it goes, I won't be treated to a hot oil shower.

When I've seen them installed, they were most frequently in front of the driver strut tower mounted vertically. IIRC, you have remote reservoirs for the JRZs? At least you wouldn't dump it on the tires or headers.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Grant 302 said:
Boss got its annual rinse-down. Got an hour drive in.

Then more CTSC graphics for the FakeR.

32907287025_e60309f91d.jpg

32753637472_eb2fc5a699.jpg

32092500303_dd9ca5f053.jpg

Just need my TMO banners for the quarter panels..hint, hint ;)

When I've seen them installed, they were most frequently in front of the driver strut tower mounted vertically. IIRC, you have remote reservoirs for the JRZs? At least you wouldn't dump it on the tires or headers.
Your number is 808....?
I wonder how many people besides me and Byron get the reference.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel