The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Fabman said:
I meant faster because it would be on a faster car.....you're one of TMO's rock stars aren't you?

HAHAHAHAHA. no. :-[ Fast car doesn't equal fast driver last I checked.

I got what you meant, but the FakeR isn't a supercharged BEAST! >:D

302BOB said:
There's a lot of "rock stars" in our group for sure but Rick is the STONE that holds everything together...................... ;)
Yea and I'm as fast as a stone too. Grant and I probably aren't the fastest guys on TMO but we have just as much fun as any of them.

Installed GT500 OE rear rotors with the ebay bracket. No perceived difference in feel but I didn't really do any heavy braking today. Looks a ton better and was easy as heck to do in about an hour.

And I finally crossed over 8k miles in it after over 4 years of ownership. Good grief I need to drive it more!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
VoodooBOSS said:
Yea and I'm as fast as a stone too. Grant and I probably aren't the fastest guys on TMO but we have just as much fun as any of them.

I can be as fast as a boulder but I'm with you guys, I just enjoy running around the track!

Grant 302

Helped clean up post storm road debris. Amazing how much vegetation is actually stuck in the fender wells. :(

VoodooBOSS said:

For me, it's not the lack of wanting to be faster. However, with only 'arrive and drive' setups, I stay focused on being able to go home at the end of the day. :) While I have a lot of fun, I really am working on clean laps and consistency through the day.

Get me behind the wheel of an insured rental, and I promise that I worry very little about losing the deductble. >:D

Ordered Cortex Watts link (2nd one I have ordered) and Torque Arm. Also replaced the cowl grommets on my Wife's 06 Wind veil blue pony "Miss Sprite ".

Grant 302

*Finally* got my airbag done on the FakeR. When the service advisor asked which one, I said the blue one with all the stickers. She came back and said, 'You should've just said- the Boss'. I smiled but didn't correct her. :-X >:D

Grant 302 said:
*Finally* got my airbag done on the FakeR. When the service advisor asked which one, I said the blue one with all the stickers. She came back and said, 'You should've just said- the Boss'. I smiled but didn't correct her. :-X >:D

Shhhh they dont know lol

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
IIRC they tell you to expect a 1-2 hour install tyme. When I had mine done I was about to have my wife pick me up when the guy said he'd be done in a half hour. I waited and he was spot on.

Grant 302

302BOB said:
Grant, How long did the airbag deal take? I got the notice to get mine done but I don't want to sit around hours for a 30 min. fix.

I checked in at 7:47 and was done at 8:27. Behind at least a dozen other cars that got there before me. I heard form other friends about 20 minutes when it's not busy on a weekday. That's probably what I should have done.

Grant 302

Champale said:
Grant - you lucky guy! Still waiting on mine (2013). Isn't everyone??

Two of my friends with '13s got theirs done. One GT and one Boss. The '13 Boss was done last Saturday. Maybe it's a regional/geographic priority system. The flyers for both of mine came in the mail on the same day even though the cars were from different local dealers.

The reports of the short wait time encouraged me to do it sooner than later. Maybe you could call your dealer and see if you can get your part ordered now. Both of my notices say "Ford Dealerships please reference campaign 15S21" There's a number to call for questions and concerns: 1-866-436-7332.

The crazy part is that some of them got the part ordered a few months back. The parts show up at their dealers and then were told that they couldn't have it done and that '11s and '12s needed to be done first. Happened to at least 3 cars at different dealers.

Hey thank you for the information. A few weeks ago, I called the Ford hotline and two local dealers and supposedly I am "on the list" but haven't gotten any calls. I will follow up soon.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Dumped some more nose weight.
Flyweight bumper, wiring delete and cut off a bunch of unused tabs and brackets.
Kevin is a master wire deleter....I just cringe and look away.

17155836_10155057171003535_963096530717275926_n.jpg

drano38

Wayne
Replaced rear pads today. Wondered why they were making a grinding sound late last fall.
This sums it up. Guess I got my money's worth out of these.
IMG_20170307_193515_797_zpskgwv7eac.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sold my street wheels today....now I don't own anything with tread on it.
That's it. she's a race car now. Sort of.

TMO Supporting Vendors