The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
These were supposed to be temporary when I put these on the FakeR in 2015:
37069055495_8d4405040c.jpg
2 1/2 years in the SoCal sun was too much. The rest of the panels held up well and the driver's side still looks fine.

I guess not temporary anymore, though...got a set of replacements in:
37028603121_a0cac721af.jpg

Started ordering a bunch of parts for my brake overhaul. Stock brembos with pads and rotors are not nearly good enough for track days.

Also considering selling my factory leather recaro seats out of my 2014 track pack. They have 31k miles on them.

Anyone know what they typically sell for?

I see gt350 recaro seats and 2015+ recaro's on ebay for $2,800ish

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Those seats are relatively rare. Not many people or dealers checked the box for recaro and leather. Condition of the seats will make the most difference. If you're not in a hurry and they are near perfect, I wouldn't be surprised if $3,500 or $4k were possible. For example, I could see a swap with a Boss owner trading with you for $500 to $1k, and you'd have a set that was worth about $3k.

Those seats are relatively rare. Not many people or dealers checked the box for recaro and leather. Condition of the seats will make the most difference. If you're not in a hurry and they are near perfect, I wouldn't be surprised if $3,500 or $4k were possible. For example, I could see a swap with a Boss owner trading with you for $500 to $1k, and you'd have a set that was worth about $3k.

They are near mint. Pass seat is 10/10, driver seat is 9.5/10.

So $3k would be a fair asking price?

Installed a 2013-14 GT500 clutch master cylinder #DR3Z7A543A. Now I have a clutch again. It was working at the floor and was hard to get in reverse and other gears at times. I looked up under and noticed when I pushed the clutch peddle the cylinder was also moving. Well shiznit ! It looks to be broken. This morning I pulled out the peddle box and behold the back nut for the cylinder was broken, all the plastic that was holding in place was gone. I ordered the GT500 cylinder arrived a few days ago. It's made out of aluminum it seems and not plastic. I check the old one, it would wiggle in place, I pulled it out and installed the new one. no wiggle, no movement, even with the broken backside. Replaced the peddle box, hooked every thing back up, primed the cylinder, Checked the clutch, and OMG ! now I get full disengagement. Gears are easy once again to use, reverse is usable again. No more at the floor, it moved the peddle throw to the top instead. I love my clutch now.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
This didn't actually happen today, but I ordered Hot Rod cams, FRPP radiator and fan, billet oil pump, and the cam replacement package. Now it will sit with my car in storage until I get stateside again. I may go insane before then.

Thanks for the update. I didn't realize the 13/14 GT 500 had an improved brake cylinder.

TMO Supporting Vendors