The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'm not sure how great of an idea this is, but I know that WD40 and a rag will really make plastics shine! Not great for interior stuff, of course :)

I'm not sure how great of an idea this is, but I know that WD40 and a rag will really make plastics shine! Not great for interior stuff, of course :)

Yea that would be pretty bad :) Once I got overzealous with Fabreze in my old civic that was previously owned by a smoker. NEVER use Fabreze in a car that is sitting out in the sun (or I used too much, too). That smell never went away until I dumped it because it was soul crushing slow.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Noticed a bit of oxidation/corrosion at the Boss' negative battery terminal and cable end. Zinc? coating had some dark spots where it makes contact with the terminal. Brushed some baking soda paste to check for acid and it bubbled a bit in some of the crevices. The terminal must have leaked a bit since my last track day in May. After clean-up some of the spots were showing the copper plating underneath. Gonna monitor this closely for now. I'm guessing this is how some people ended up with massively corroded cables.

Noticed a bit of oxidation/corrosion at the Boss' negative battery terminal and cable end. Zinc? coating had some dark spots where it makes contact with the terminal. Brushed some baking soda paste to check for acid and it bubbled a bit in some of the crevices. The terminal must have leaked a bit since my last track day in May. After clean-up some of the spots were showing the copper plating underneath. Gonna monitor this closely for now. I'm guessing this is how some people ended up with massively corroded cables.

Switch to a dry cell battery to get away from all that damaging battery acid.

Tim

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Stopped by my local specialty fastener company (not big box) on a quest for 6mm x 24mm flange bolts and a 1 inch round spacer w/ 6mm hole in it to install my bracket for the new heat exchanger/intercooler coolant pump for the GT500 to the left side frame rail. (pic attached of successful install by someone else) Once the heat dies down in the bay area tonight I'll be busting out the night lighting and going at the front of the car doing this install and replumming the coolant route before Sonoma this weekend.
bracketpump.jpgpumpinstalled.jpg

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Its mid winter and cold down here (50F mild winters at this Lat.)... But managed to install my rebuilt MT82, or at least bolted it in. Tomorrow going finish it up and drive at last!!! Took me 6 hours by myself under the car... what a pain in the a$$!!!!

Going to get warm now, bare stone gets to your (old) bones....

Rick, I am working on it! The wife and I are planning on a trip back east and hitting VIR in the fall. Just now able to get back in the seat with confidence.

It's been a tough year battling prostrate cancer on top of tearing my bicep free from my shoulder back in January. So I have been focused on healing up with track time taking a back seat.

My public service announcement to everyone is to get checked early and often. I've been getting checked twice a year for the 6 years and the doc said its what saved me. Once a year and it wouldn't have good.

Mike, sorry to hear about the cancer but glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm a few weeks away from my annual check up and while it's no fun you gotta do it. Get checked guys!

My son and I were just talking about Sonoma and the IndyCar race. It's a bit later this year on September 16/17th and we'll probably go out on Saturday for qualifying and GT/GTS action. Let me know if you're going to be in town.

TMO Supporting Vendors