The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It had the room but sadly it still puked gear oil when it filled up at Button Willow. The breather filter was just above the axle housing the hose was coming off the side upper hole on the diff cover. I figured now the higher the better, oil might make it up the hose but I'm thinking it wont make it to the breather can as before.
20170316_194019.jpg

Last edited:
The hose is 5 ft and has a drip loop underneath, goes over the top then swings back around on the top from the driver side and connects on passenger right.I did it that way so there would be no bind in the hose. From the photo you can see where it drop down through the trunk floor. 3/4 hole with a grommet.20170419_145017.jpg

Installed Shelby/Fays billet alloy Watts link today. Much more difficult and fiddly install than I anticipated (lots assembling, adjusting, disassembling, readjusting, etc). Got to drive it for about an hour tonight and I am very pleased with it. You definitely can feel a difference, especially during hard cornering with bumps. Car is much more planted. Very minor increase in NVH, but most people wouldn't even notice the difference.

Changed oil on the GT the other day and installed the GT/CS lower valence fog lights after having removed the factory upper grille mounted fog lights. GT500 style upper and lower grilles coming this week as well.

Changed oil on the GT the other day and installed the GT/CS lower valence fog lights after having removed the factory upper grille mounted fog lights. GT500 style upper and lower grilles coming this week as well.

I need to do this.
13/14?
Interested in a parts list if you are happy with your product selection.

I need to do this.
13/14?
Interested in a parts list if you are happy with your product selection.

Yes mine is a 2014. The parts selection is easy. It's a Ford kit.
Google part number DR3Z15200AA.

Now that all being said, this kit comes with instructions and wiring harness extensions to replace the factory GT grille mounted fog lamps and use their original circuit. I know the boss doesn't have fog lights but I can't speak to if it actually still has the wiring existing in its harness or not for them.

Other than that, it was pretty easy install. Also did LED lights to help the color temperature match the HIDs, as the kit comes with halogens in the projectors.

Attachments

• IMG_3709.JPG
    IMG_3709.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3710.JPG
    IMG_3710.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 68
Yes mine is a 2014. The parts selection is easy. It's a Ford kit.
Google part number DR3Z15200AA.

Now that all being said, this kit comes with instructions and wiring harness extensions to replace the factory GT grille mounted fog lamps and use their original circuit. I know the boss doesn't have fog lights but I can't speak to if it actually still has the wiring existing in its harness or not for them.

Other than that, it was pretty easy install. Also did LED lights to help the color temperature match the HIDs, as the kit comes with halogens in the projectors.

Excellent, thanks for that. I am lowly GT so it's perfect.
Feedback on the grills you selected when appropriate, I see a lot of noise on the forums on them and appreciate the answers here much more.
Thanks Again

Changed out a bad starter on the BOSS today. Less than a year and only 7 track events and evidently the heat from the kooks long tubes did a number on it. Headers are coated and had the starter wrapped with some heat reflective material. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. While I was under the car also noticed that one of my caliper guide pins, (holds the pads in-place) had also backed out about an inch. I am very meticulous when I change pads to ensure I fully seat the pins, maybe I just missed the mark on the last install. Anyhow, to be on the safe side, ordering a kit with 2 pins and the clip p/n 7R3Z2B164A. Finish up the track prep tomorrow then heading to VIR on Friday for Hyper fest this weekend.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel