The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Hey Drew. Any changes to the paint scheme or livery this season?
Andy—yes changing things up a little. Waiting on some large parts then off to wrap! Concept pic in build thread as Grant noted :)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Attachments

• SAM_0693w.jpg
    SAM_0693w.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 78
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Still waiting on replacement A Arms to get the car moving again.
Swapped the clutch assist spring to the Steeda spring. Was not worried about higher effort of no spring but I wanted to make sure the pedal always returns 100%.
Wicked easy install, effort does not seem any higher while sitting still.
Not able to drive it yet to test it out due to A arm situation.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Needed to go for a drive last night so I put my old control arm back on and went for a spin.
The Steeda clutch assist spring makes a bigger difference than I expected; better pedal feel, no pedal sticking, and barely any additional effort.
It was also my first hard drive on the Bridgestone Potenza S007A and I am happy to report that so far they have met or exceeded my expectations.
Going for a harder drive tomorrow and hopefully a track day in the next few weeks so I can find out what they're really made of, and if they'll cut it for the track. So far I'm hopeful they will be consistent, durable, and grippy enough.
I'll post a more detailed review in one of the sub forums for anyone interested.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Its because I never understood why females get such pleasure from going shopping........ Now I do... But I tell myself its for the Boss, not myself........

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Changed the oil and filter. Didn't realize until it was too late that one of the quarts of Castrol Edge was one "formulated for classic cars" (it was the 6th quart going in) but a quick google found a thread on TMO about it and doesn't seem like it will be a problem. Just need to remember that for next time.

TMO Supporting Vendors