The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@Polaristxguy Mike, glad to see you back behind the wheel and feeling better. Are you planning on doing any track days this year?

That’s the plan, have to get my daughters wedding in June behind me first. After that the wife and have been talking about trailering out to VIR in the fall and see family while there. Helps the budget when my uncle has a lake house 9 miles from the track.

If not I will hit MSR Cresson after the wedding. It’s been 2 long years and I just haven’t felt up to it until recently.

MM

@Tri-bar dang! Looks good, I think I am leaning towards silver as well. Have any pictures from the side showing poke? What suspension mods have you done and how much negative camber are you running up front?

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Mounted Apex 18x11’s/305/35 NT01, changed gear,tranny,engine oils,flushed brake and coolant fluids. Fabbed up some front spat/splitter mods. All ready for First event in 2 years at the Glen next week

Attachments

• 20E644D7-BD96-47FE-A3CA-B8AE360E152F.jpeg
    20E644D7-BD96-47FE-A3CA-B8AE360E152F.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 68EF53A7-C42F-4B48-AB87-D28A11A3A3CA.jpeg
    68EF53A7-C42F-4B48-AB87-D28A11A3A3CA.jpeg
    821.4 KB · Views: 118
  • A09B9DAC-BA81-4FFB-8794-7B36EDC5F81C.jpeg
    A09B9DAC-BA81-4FFB-8794-7B36EDC5F81C.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 123
Might have a busy weekend ahead of me. Getting over the flu, so might wait to put it in, but the Watson roll bar showed up today along with Blowfish's Front tow hook, and brake cooling duct kit. I have read through Hermes write up on the roll bar install, and will be taking some pointers from him. https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/watson-racing-4-pt-roll-bar-install.8371/. Was a little worried when I saw the box, cause it looked beat to hell, but the bar was untouched inside.

YwOZIml.jpg

YQodark.jpg

HGxJcmw.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
takin' it to the streets today to shake off a bit of rust. She's been idle since Pueblo and I feel bad for her being ignored for a month. Need to start prepping the Boss for an autoX in three weeks and then PPIR in five.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Well I'm a day late and not so much what I did with that STANG! But more about doing stuff with my youngest who turned 22 yesterday, yes I'm old.

It was a little bit of work and took a lot of help to pull off but we surprised her with an upgrade! While "FLAME" her 1996 SN95 has served her well it is time to retire it after 240k miles.

I can not explain how excited she was to get her new ride; a 2010 Grabber Blue S197 V6 5 speed. She is a passionate Mustang girl that only wanted a manual and is already working on her mod list.

If anyone is looking for a cheap SN95 it's listed on Dallas craigslist

Last edited:
Very nice. The 96 looks pretty clean.

Very nice. The 96 looks pretty clean.

The pictures do make it look really good, it has its challenges. One being the front end has had some work after a farm truck stop short on her at a light and she put the HAY stinger through the bumper among other things. Turned out to be a great teaching lesson and only set us back a couple of hundred dollars after a trip to the junkyard.

Attached are a few pictures. I'm proud of her as she did most of the work. From pulling the frame horns to welding up some tears in the railing. Happened on a Thursday, pulled on Friday and back together on Saturday.

Somebody will get a pretty good deal as I am only looking to get $1,500 for it. Just need it gone

Flame 1.jpgFlame 2.jpgFlame 3.jpgView attachment 8172Flame 5.jpgFlame 6.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors