The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Boss1601 said:
Thinking of the rear valence. Have any photos of that on yours or anyone else have some. Found a few elsewhere and think BMO can help
I don't understand what your asking here. Can you please clarify?

NFSBOSS said:
I don't understand what your asking here. Can you please clarify?
Sorry. Was referring to the rear window cover I see in the photo just above. If you have a thread speaking to this kindly point in that direction please.

Boss1601 said:
Sorry. Was referring to the rear window cover I see in the photo just above. If you have a thread speaking to this kindly point in that direction please.

Are you asking about these?

http://www.cjponyparts.com/mrt-rear-window-louvers-black-aluminum-coupe-2005-2013/p/RL10/

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss

unrealford said:
Installed Steeda Springs, just in rear, don't think I'm going to bother with fronts.

Let us know what your driving impressions are. Just wondering how the oem fronts will match up with the lowering springs in the rear.......whether it messes with the balance of the car. Did you do adjustable panhard rod and/or sway bars?

Looks nice with the rear lowered BTW.

Wayne

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss

Keavdog said:
Ordered my MM caster camber plates. Tips? I'd like -2 degrees after I corded a hoosier in three lap days...

You'll easily get -2.0 degrees of camber. My MM plates...with my setting them up had at least -2.6 degrees....but I decided to back down to -2.4...since I drive mine on the street a fair amount. I think if you do a search on camber settings.....there is a thread that Gary ( Cloud9 ) says with slicks....the more negative camber the better the slicks wear. I also dialed my caster to +7.5 degrees and zero toe. Depending on how mny track days versus street driving...you may want to mess with the toe.

Good Luck...the MM camber/caster plates were worth the money and effort....as would any reputable CC plate.

Wayne

isrboss

Worked on cooling mods prior to next track day. Modified my 2013 front grille to mimic the 2013 302s grille. Installed the FRPP brake cooling kit and a Shelby trans cooling scoop.

Completed install of Peterson breather can and home made sound pipe delete kit. I just love the way the breather can looks with the braided hose and AN fittings.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

BossLady82 said:
She got a bath today because she was dirty from winning this yesterday...vena7ume.jpg

How ironic: Boss lady wins the "Mustang Guys" trophy.

LOTS of people still living in the past...

What did you do to your boss today?

NFSBOSS said:
Congratulations. Do you have any video?
This is the first time I've tried to post to you tube hope you can see this
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=m9LLKLH7lDM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dm9LLKLH7lDM%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

Justin said:
what did you run to win that? I assume quarter mile but what was your times?
This was the first time I ran at this dragway. The track was way stickier than I was used to and my times were nearly a second slower than usual. I stayed in the 13's all day. The winning run was 13.10 against a stock '12 Boss. We were both using stock tires.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

BossLady82 said:
This is the first time I've tried to post to you tube hope you can see this
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=m9LLKLH7lDM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dm9LLKLH7lDM%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

[youtube]http://youtu.be/m9LLKLH7lDM[/youtube]

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

Raced a Terminator at 1/4 Track, I tried stock tires instead of Drag Radials,
Beat him :)
He had pulley, tune, Exhaust, CAI, drag Radial
I ran 12.33 against his 12.36.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cna8llVlMl4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Senderofan said:
Let us know what your driving impressions are. Just wondering how the oem fronts will match up with the lowering springs in the rear.......whether it messes with the balance of the car. Did you do adjustable panhard rod and/or sway bars?

Looks nice with the rear lowered BTW.

Wayne
Well I gotta say after a 2hr ride and running it at a 1/4 track. They are great the ride on road was terrific I noticed it didn't have the factory bounce on the street, meaning driving the hills and low spots on roads @70mph the car didn't have its usual bounce, now it just goes over very nicely, no harsh hits and ride seems so much more in control.
Plus it didn't harm the weight transfer at track, actually seemed better. I really am glad I did them.
I did notice body shifter to drivers side about 5/8,so looks like I'll need a Panhard bar unfortunately.
8apuhe4e.jpg

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Boss1601 said:
unrealford said:
Installed Steeda Springs, just in rear, don't think I'm going to bother with fronts.

Thinking of the rear valence. Have any photos of that on yours or anyone else have some. Found a few elsewhere and think BMO can help
a6asavur.jpg
umyhusat.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors