The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

New rotors and DTC-60's

rotor4a.jpg

rotor5a.jpg

Got my oil changed and FAILED to get the TracKey installed :(. Dealer was just unable to do it (and they've had experience doing many others), mine just wasn't cooperating. Something about their software not recognizing the car? He asked me questions to verify I didn't have other tunes installed or had try to do the TracKey myself or any other mods. Car is completely stock, this was just a problem they haven't come across yet, sounds like they just couldn't get anywhere with it. I'd have really thought all the kinks would have been worked out by now, but instead I got to take 6 hours out of my day for an oil change...

Dealer's going to do some research and talk to Ford and call me next week. Really hope they figure something out.

RixterGT said:
Got my oil changed and FAILED to get the TracKey installed :(. Dealer was just unable to do it (and they've had experience doing many others), mine just wasn't cooperating. Something about their software not recognizing the car? He asked me questions to verify I didn't have other tunes installed or had try to do the TracKey myself or any other mods. Car is completely stock, this was just a problem they haven't come across yet, sounds like they just couldn't get anywhere with it. I'd have really thought all the kinks would have been worked out by now, but instead I got to take 6 hours out of my day for an oil change...

Dealer's going to do some research and talk to Ford and call me next week. Really hope they figure something out.

Are you the 1st or 2nd owner?

cbj5259 said:
Are you the 1st or 2nd owner?

First owner, and bought the car before the TracKey was available, so I doubt the dealer did anything funny.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Completed my swap of 3" cats with 3" cat delete sections. Surprisingly the car did not seem much louder on the street. Ready for VIR. If anyone has '12 GT 500 axle back mufflers I may want to buy them for the quiet tracks on the circuit.
Steve

RixterGT said:
First owner, and bought the car before the TracKey was available, so I doubt the dealer did anything funny.

That is strange. I was thinking if you were the 2nd owner maybe owner #1 had done something funky with an aftermarket tune or something... But that kills that theory. Good luck with getting it installed.

Hired a Seagull hitman. We had an invasion today at work, had to hose a lotta Seagull poop off the Boss, it was bad. They are attracted to black for some reason, my buddy has the same problem with his ski boat, it's black with a black cover and the seagulls love to poop on it. Miserable birds........

NFSBOSS said:
Steeda with the Ford logo. They are very nice quality but I'm not sure they are still available.

Wish I could find some descent billet caps...I like the black ones from Roush but dont need the "Roush" logo everywhere...

vista6019 said:
Wish I could find some descent billet caps...I like the black ones from Roush but dont need the "Roush" logo everywhere...
Steeda has them, I just ordered another one. Call them and ask. The caps with the Ford logo have an F at the end of the part number. I'll try and post the part numbers tomorrow.

cbj5259 said:
That is strange. I was thinking if you were the 2nd owner maybe owner #1 had done something funky with an aftermarket tune or something... But that kills that theory. Good luck with getting it installed.

That's sort what the dealer was wondering too. I'm sure they'll figure something out, I'll report back when they do, thanks

Changed gear fluid.
Swapped CAI filter for fresh one.
Adjusted mufflers.
Rotated wheels.
Took it off jack stands.
Season rotors next.

took her for a spin. first time in a few months. just to get things moving.. then while working on my 67 blown hemi b body mopar i broke my nose when i slipped....laughed about it so much my wife thinks I'm losing it.

steve

gremlinsteve said:
took her for a spin. first time in a few months. just to get things moving.. then while working on my 67 blown hemi b body mopar i broke my nose when i slipped....laughed about it so much my wife thinks I'm losing it.

steve

Ouch.

lets see.. ordered cool tech roll bar in race red (to match car), harnesses, clips...

ford racing parts came in.. brake cooling ducts, transmission cooling brace, arp studs, new track wheels, rear seat delete,

also ordered performance friction pads for front and rear, 2 piece giro disc rotors up front, and a new set of factory rotors in the rear (for my track only set)..

Planning to install everything over memorial day weekend at my dad's garage in AL.. we are installing his roll bar and similar parts as well in his sb yellow laguna seca.. should be a fun memorial day weekend of installing parts with the brother and dad!! getting ready for road atlanta in June!

drano38

Wayne

Did a road trip to pick up the used Koni Yellow/Steeda Sport springs, and UMI LCAs from member KRost.
Pic also shows the Saleen grill I installed before taking her out of hibernation a few weeks ago.
Not sure when I'll get the suspension in--could be a couple weeks.
img20130515204537870.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors