The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Dropped it off to get the following installed:

1. Jegs Cat Delete's (tune coming in a few weeks)
2. Hotchkis Springs Front/Rear
3. Hotchkis LCA's
4. Whiteline Relocation Brackets
5. Grigg's Racing Panhard Bar
6. Jack Rails

drano38

Wayne

Started the front spring/strut swap tonight.
Got the front up on stands, and the passenger strut out.
Hope to get fronts done in the next couple days (life seems to get in the way), then on to the back struts/springs.

sadil said:
Installed the GT500 wing in body colour. Haven't seen it installed in body colour on the 2013 so I thought id try it out. Lmk what you guys think.

looks awesome, that is in my plan as well

Installed a set of LIFT stickers now that AED installed my jacking rails. Contact Pete @ Track Day Solutions if you want a set.

IMG_2461_zps352f067b.jpg
IMG_2463_zps841d70f8.jpg

drano38

Wayne

Had my front stock tires flipped on the wheels.
My -2.4 deg camber is wearing the heck out of the insides of the tires. So flipping them lets me wear the outer edge.
I rarely drive in rain, so almost having cords showing on those edges doesn't hurt.

Now back to the garage for continuing the strut swap.

Just picked up my car from Loran at Open Track Connection in Bartonville, TX tonight.

the following mods were added:

1. Hotchkis Lowering Springs
2. Hotchkis LCA's
3. Whiteline Relocation Brackets

The car stance is awesome (no pics yet), but more than that, the handling is shocking. The Boss (as we all know) is a phenomenal handling car, however it is even so much better now. Tighter and smoother (if that's possible?)

4. Jeg's Performance Stainless Steel Cat Deletes: It sounds like a BEAST, it's really loud and that's not a problem for me. Definitely better performance with Cats gone.

We didn't do the Griggs Pan Hard Bar. One, it didn't arrive today and (2) the car sat perfect after installing the springs, etc. and really didn't need it. Considering a Watts link.???

For you North Texas guys, the work was done by Loran Keller at Open Track Connection. Great guy and excellent work. He's a Stang racer/owner/ expert

Introduced her to the five or six rather large boxes that arrived today containing things like twin 60mm
Ball bearing hair dryers

Lol

I think she was happy

gremlinsteve said:
Introduced her to the five or six rather large boxes that arrived today containing things like twin 60mm
Ball bearing hair dryers

Lol

I think she was happy

Only after she wears them will she be happy.

TMO Supporting Vendors