The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

SVO WOODY said:
Simple installation of hood struts and unnecessary under hood bling!! lol Carbon Fibre rad shroud tomorrow!
Be sure to post photos of the CF rad cover.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Today I looked at her, admitted she was dirty, and then saw the temps below 40 degrees. Damn.... ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

I was expecting a wise ass answer from surfer boy. Get back to work ! ;D

drano38

Wayne

NFSBOSS said:
PeteInCT said:
Today I looked at her, admitted she was dirty, and then saw the temps below 40 degrees. Damn.... ;D
Two words: rubber gloves. Now get your butt out there and give her a bath!

Or my solution--heated garage, water heater, water softener. Works great! ;D

Today I'll drive the wife to her gym workout in the Boss, and while she's doing that, shop for tires for the family car.

(The dealership) Put these tires on.
Yokohama AD08, 265/35-19, 275/35-19
aN8WO.jpg

They are better than the NT05's and much better than the Pirelli's.

put on some 18" wheels, blizzaks and put the gray key on my key chain. it's a sad day.

Sesshomurai

Changed oil. Put yellow racing tint film on my headlight casings.

headlights.jpg

55 degrees today...Took the Boss out for a little spin. I can notice the increasing lack of grip of the tires when the temp dips below 60....back end got a little loose today even with the TC on...brought back unpleasant memories of my GT mishap.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

Bob
See my earlier post in this thread when I put on some all season tires. They work great, are quiet and are allowing me to enjoy my Boss now that the weather has gotten cold here in Detroit.
Brian

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

NFSBOSS said:
I really like the BBP wheels and they look very nice on your Boss. I wish FR had made a 10" wide version of that wheel. A very similar wheel comes stock on the recent Porsche GT3 RS.
My brother knows a guy/company that will cut wheels in half and weld in extra rings to make them wider.

Brian

Went on a Charity Poker Run today with the BOSS... 153 Miles during the run... Now I have 1133 miles on the BOSS total... Loving every shift... (even in heavy Charlotte traffic)..

It was last week, but she got cleaned and packed for a long journey. She's following me to the UK, and arrives in 2-1/2 weeks. :)

1353155319-random-pics-your-boss-302-p1010499small.jpg

1353155319-random-pics-your-boss-302-p1010506small.jpg

Replaced my DB amp with a JL audio. Seems like it was engineered to fail after the warranty ran out. One year old.

TMO Supporting Vendors