The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

I really like the BBP wheels and they look very nice on your Boss. I wish FR had made a 10" wide version of that wheel. A very similar wheel comes stock on the recent Porsche GT3 RS.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

Thank you, I like the silver finish. I got them on eBay for $625 shipped. They aren't perfect but you can't tell at Boss speed. Lol.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything

5 DOT 0 said:
buland said:
change the exhaust discs from the side exhaust.

many thanks to Scott !!
Scott's very affordable discs have made this easy for hundreds of us. He has stopped production of the discs and his inventory is running low so if any of you are thinking about ordering a set you better do it soon.

I will have to try running mine open for the last few weeks before I put it away for the winter. My state trooper neighbor is already giving me the stink eye when I drive by, so what the hey... :D

ace72ace

darreng505 said:
- front/rear adj sway bars
- rear LCA's, relo bracks
- Clutch line upgrade
- Kenny Brown jacking rails
- Hawk Blue rear pads
- Updated CAI/93 Tune

Can you get me a pic of these and let me know how much they cost? Jacking the Boss is a PITA...

ace72ace

batman48195 said:
Thank you, I like the silver finish. I got them on eBay for $625 shipped. They aren't perfect but you can't tell at Boss speed. Lol.

When I first saw the BBP wheels years ago after I started shopping for my own Mustang I really wasn't a fan. But over the past 2 years they have grown on me and apart from the '13 LS wheels and the non SVTPP '13 GT500 wheels, these would be my 3rd choice.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

ace72ace said:
darreng505 said:
- front/rear adj sway bars
- rear LCA's, relo bracks
- Clutch line upgrade
- Kenny Brown jacking rails
- Hawk Blue rear pads
- Updated CAI/93 Tune

Can you get me a pic of these and let me know how much they cost? Jacking the Boss is a PITA...

Ace
http://www.lethalperformance.com/2012-2013-boss-mustang-302/suspension/jacking-rails.html

This is what I did to create a single jack point per side. Tack welded at the pinch weld about 57% of the distance of the rocker length. Lifts both wheels on a side with 4 pumps of my jack. Great for tire swaps and I can use a jack on both sides to lift the whole car up on stands. The full rails are nice but expensive, heavy and I'm not sure our chassis needs stiffening at the rockers/torque boxes. Hopefully Darren can let us know if they improve handling/stiffness.
Steve

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

The steel puck has a slot cut with flat plate flanges on both sides. The slot goes over the pinch weld and the plates bear on the rocker on either side. I welded the flanges and ran a few beads on the pinch weld. No stress on the sheet metal after a year and a half so far.
Steve

installed my mm cc plates today. i am not noticing very much drop from these eibach springs in fact. i have not noticed it dropped this car at all in fact. is that normal? or are people using a differant spring for there brake dive/lowering needs that the eibachs

added the red lettering for my valve covers that i recieved from emblempros.
did them in red since i am using that color for my accents. came out ok..

steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

gremlinsteve said:

steve

Pic ??

at this time i have no means of uploading pics from my cell phone.
best i can do is send them via text to some one who can upload them.
main comp[uter crashed and its not repaired yet.

pm me a number and ill text the to you.

steve

Ordered some 18" gt500 rim and Conti DWS tire for the colder days. Decided not to store the Boss for the winter this year, I'll drive it only when the weather is dry like I do now. Now I won't have to go through withdraw lol.

gremlinsteve said:

steve

Thanks Steve. Looks great.
Wanted to see how the blue & red looked.

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada

Simple installation of hood struts and unnecessary under hood bling!! lol Carbon Fibre rad shroud tomorrow!

aircare84 said:
gremlinsteve said:

steve

Thanks Steve. Looks great.
Wanted to see how the blue & red looked.

Thxs. When i bought em i was hoping it
Wasnt going to look all rainbowie!
Is that a word?

Lol

ace72ace

OW MY EYES! yellow - blue - red ? I'm sorry but I think black might have been a better choice, just my honest opinion...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel