The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

RRBoss302 said:
Did a dyno test/ tech feature for 5.0 Mustang magazine today. KJ Jones, senior tech editor for 5.0, was at GTR high performance today testing the Airaid carbon fiber no-tune CAI. He used my Boss as it is stock engine-wise with a stock CAI. I really wish I could share the results, they are definitely exciting. The feature will be in an upcoming issue of 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords. Most likely May-June. It will be a great article with both silver and red key testing. We haven't had any definitive real-world Boss no-tune CAI tests published and this one will reveal the truth once and for all!

500506E5-6A26-4F1F-A6F0-2D920D6AF513_zpsljikbt3w.jpg

68FCAC99-47FF-4E0D-A607-5C8A54BCC6EC_zpsvz0s3djf.jpg

AWESOME looking Parnelli Jones version carbon fiber CAI with coil-cover-matching blue filter...

C4318625-7BAE-4D44-AD01-65FD33E066B5_zpsjjbyg4cv.jpg

3B795794-6536-4706-BCD0-349DD9A76E04_zpsyz0kjoib.jpg

C'mon Man! You can tell us.

Today I took my mom's cousin for a ride in the Boss. He has had big block Chebbies his whole life and he said it was the fastest car he's ever been in! He's also the little brother (prob 70 yo) of the original owner of my '64 Falcon convertible. :)

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

Fat Boss said:
Today I took my mom's cousin for a ride in the Boss. He has had big block Chebbies his whole life and he said it was the fastest car he's ever been in! He's also the little brother (prob 70 yo) of the original owner of my '64 Falcon convertible. :)
Does he still think his Chevy is

fastest after ride in Boss?

unrealford said:
Does he still think his Chevy is

fastest after ride in Boss?

Sorry I should have been more clear. He thought the Boss was the fastest!

Also gave rides in the '10 Model T. Good times!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

I went out and looked at it, sat in it, cleaned loose objects out of it and said goodnight because we have a big day in 8 hours at MRLS.

I drove it, there won't be a whole lot of days left where I can drive it so might as well while the getting is good.

F.D. Sako said:
Yesterday: slapped on the winter wheels and tires
Today: got a screw stuck inside the rear left tire... agh :mad:

Well that blows!!

I installed my brake cooling duct covers so I can make it through the brutally cold Sacramento Winter. ::)

IMG_1565_zps2703ed89.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
I installed my brake cooling duct covers so I can make it through the brutally cold Sacramento Winter. ::)

IMG_1565_zps2703ed89.jpg

If it ever gets to be to much for you, just send that crappy weather to New York and I can deal with it.

Moved the Boss out of the garage today.

So I could do this....(for the second time in past 3 months :( )

80C5F9E0-46C6-4AC2-9302-762595FDD971_zpsoqs9pp0d.jpg

What did you do to your boss today?

No I'm pulling it back out. It's a Dart block 347 stroker with all forged internals and Trick Flow 205 cc CNC heads. It's Vortech YSi supercharged as well. It's been eating thrust bearings lately...

I'm contemplating rebuilding this or just dropping in an aluminator Coyote crate engine and a T56 Magnum. A lot less power but a hell of a lot more reliable. And it would be cool to have the Boss and Fox both with Coyotes.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

RRBoss302 said:
No I'm pulling it back out. It's a Dart block 347 stroker with all forged internals and Trick Flow 205 cc CNC heads. It's Vortech YSi supercharged as well. It's been eating thrust bearings lately...

I'm contemplating rebuilding this or just dropping in an aluminator Coyote crate engine and a T56 Magnum. A lot less power but a hell of a lot more reliable. And it would be cool to have the Boss and Fox both with Coyotes.

Thrust bearings?

Is it a clutch issue? Too much pressure on throw out bearing during release?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel