The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

3 Bosses in one year.... :eek:I can see an intervention coming soon...Lol ;D Good for you!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

steveespo said:
Drained oil and coolant. Removed Boss water to oil cooler. Installed new Setrab cooler matrix (34 row), mounted Improved Racing 180 degree oil thermostat using supplied tab brackets screwed to fan shroud and flange of the radiator bottom on drivers side. Need to complete hose fit up today.
Steve

Some pics of the oil cooler change and the Team Dynamics wheels with H&R spacers;
005_zpsa1c6bb60.jpg
006_zps3f4e4c2e.jpg
007_zps9a854e8d.jpg
008_zpsafa9b670.jpg
009_zpse31107e6.jpg
010_zps84922135.jpg
011_zpse0218afe.jpg
013_zps2a7fb834.jpg

buland said:
just arrived in switzerland, now we made the homologation to street legal. can't wait :)

th_d3d37620eef4e14168953c75272b3fa1_zps07fb0fa7.png

How many of these freaking cars are going to buy? I think I'd have a Porsche in my driveway after the first Boss.

Steve, did the wheels not have enough clearance without the spacers? I like your cooler setup. Looks like you have about half the length in coolant lines compared to me (cooltech cooler).

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

neema said:
Steve, did the wheels not have enough clearance without the spacers? I like your cooler setup. Looks like you have about half the length in coolant lines compared to me (cooltech cooler).

Wheels are about 1/4" away from strut body without spacers. Spacers are 12mm, picture is with front suspension in full droop. When loaded and -2 degrees camber the tire should be inside the fender line. I will be running 275 Conti's up front and 305s out back.

The cooler fits nice, I am going to fabricate 2 aluminum tab brackets to go from the bottom mount points on the cooler to the top of the blowfish tow hook/splitter mount. They line up perfectly. I may put a 90 fitting on the short hose instead of the bend in the hose.

Steve, is your Improved Racing thermostat the 180 or 212 deg version? Also, looks like you removed the factory oil-to-water cooler? Your set up sure looks great!

Steve looking good and great job on the oil cooler. How much clearance is there between the outside of the caliper and the barrel of the wheel?

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

racered302 said:
How many of these freaking cars are going to buy? I think I'd have a Porsche in my driveway after the first Boss.

porsche, never! is nothing special here in switzerland!

i love the american muscle v8

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

NFSBOSS said:
Steve looking good and great job on the oil cooler. How much clearance is there between the outside of the caliper and the barrel of the wheel?
3/16" at the closest point between caliper and wheel. There will be no issues with these wheels, except more front grip!!! Which is what I am looking for, now the small 19mm rear bar will make sense.

180 degree thermostat for the oil. No more Boss water to oil cooler.
Steve

I finished cleaning out the third garage so I can get all three vehicles inside. Covered car and then placed moving blankets on the car also to help get extra protection from my kids.

I also want to hear stories from the guys in the EU on what kind of responses they get driving the Bosses around there.

BOSS343

Theory of 1

Started it and moved it into the daylight for the first time since November....midwest winters... :mad:

Installed a rotor rear bumper cover panel. I think it looks like it should have come on the car from ford this way.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

cloud9 said:
Looks like it's ready for shipment?

I have one other thing I'm investigating before spending the cash on the PRS harness. I would like to keep that $1000 if possible :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel