The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

TimBoss351 said:
I finished cleaning out the third garage so I can get all three vehicles inside. Covered car and then placed moving blankets on the car also to help get extra protection from my kids.

I also want to hear stories from the guys in the EU on what kind of responses they get driving the Bosses around there.
You will not like it...
For most, US muscle / pony cars are junk, unefficient and primitive show off cars ;D
The only one which kind of changed that was the C6-Z06 because it gave EU cars some match on tracks.

I saw you heading to the island as we were leaving. Finally got the cc plates installed today and mounted updated tires.
y5avapym.jpg

Terry

Ripped my front end off again.... Hooked the splitter on a piece of rebar sticking up out of a concrete wheel stop in the parking lot.......grrrr. Parts ordered. This will be the fourth time I've had the front clip off.

roadhouse said:
Ordered some brake pads (Carbotech 24s/10s) and Pirelli slicks in preparation of TWS at the end of the month...
Was wondering if those were the right match...
Lot of folks go for the 12s/10s combo
Should we not have a 24s/16s to keep a balance between frt & rear?

Tulsa, OK

patrickshelby said:
Was wondering if those were the right match...
Lot of folks go for the 12s/10s combo
Should we not have a 24s/16s to keep a balance between frt & rear?

Good thought, and I wondered the same thing. I talked to the guys at KNS Brakes and they suggested the 24/10 setup. I was previously using a 20/10 setup and it was great. The 24s are supposed to have more initial bite and last longer than the 20s.

steveespo said:
I personally don't like the 10s at all. For me they overheat and wear out superfast out back. I am running 24/20 and am very happy.
Steve
Cannot beat a real experience with the very same car!
Thx Steve

Tulsa, OK

steveespo said:
I personally don't like the 10s at all. For me they overheat and wear out superfast out back. I am running 24/20 and am very happy.
Steve

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've had good luck with my 10s so far while using the 20s up front.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

I hear you, whatever works for you best stick with it. I trail the car alot because of understeer with staggered tire setups. (I'm to chicken to dial in oversteer, I like maximum rear grip so I don't break traction on exit.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors