The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

boss man said:
Please forgive me if my question sounds lame. Is the space where your installing the resistors behind the glove box. Just trying to follow along.

It's above the glove box and behind the air bag trim panel. I removed the glove box to improve access to the Air bag for removal.

Looking good Swiss. Your sub belt mounting looks familiar.

NFSBOSS said:
Looking good Swiss. Your sub belt mounting looks familiar.

Thanks!
With this mounting you have to be careful how much you tight the belts.
Tight enough to keep you planted but not too tight to crush your nuts.

Have to go and by a neck restrain and will be testing everything next Saturday 8)

Before my vacation, I had bought the 71 Boss 302 sticker for the back of the car. Had a detail shop put it on (free) and...it was silver! Backside looked black, and even though I had noted I wanted it in black, they had sent a email to my ebay email (which I had not gone back into since ordering) asking what I wanted..silver is the normal choice and they sent that. So I will have to order another one to install.

Still looks nice anyway. Just my AR side that makes it have to be black.

Oh, and since I got home today...uncovered the car and drove it to work. Was a nice way to 'end' a vacation.

Tulsa, OK

Plowed a field at Texas World Speedway yesterday... :eek: From what I can tell I only broke a splitter support rod and knocked the bumper off center a little.

20140330_140352_zpsvvtz8xw8.jpg

20140330_140405_zpsqosvwym0.jpg

20140330_140415_zpshgqwtuxv.jpg

20140330_140425_zpsx7wez05h.jpg

roadhouse said:
Plowed a field at Texas World Speedway yesterday... :eek: From what I can tell I only broke a splitter support rod and knocked the bumper off center a little.
Not too bad considering. Good thing you didn't do it at MPH or George would have billed you for the alfalfa you mowed :D

Tulsa, OK

cloud9 said:
Not too bad considering. Good thing you didn't do it at MPH or George would have billed you for the alfalfa you mowed :D

Agreed. It could have been a lot worse.

Ha! Yes he would have ;D

drano38

Wayne

cloud9 said:
Got my Hoosier decals on for TT contingency program

Wow, I'm just 60 miles north of you, and my Boss is still hibernating.
Today, we had both a tornado warning and blizzard warning active at the same time. :eek:
Sleet/snow just started and we're on our way to 3-6" tonite.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14

Parked next to a Dodge Super Bee, one of the early 68-70 type.

Took a couple of photos, old muscle next to new muscle.

IMG_20140331_1707331_zpsb7b4938f.jpg
IMG_20140331_1707201_zps896698e7.jpg
IMG_20140331_1707061_zpsbb53f779.jpg

BOSS343

Theory of 1

This is a couple days late but...went for a cobb web clearing drive with an old buddy and made a new one...Old buddy has a Z06 he just put a cam and some other mods into and the new buddy has a tuned SS with headers....I was alone in Ford land. But it was still good to be out. Stupid Illinois weather.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel