The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Black Boss said:
Mounted Steve's TPMS canister to the top of his battery cover:

IMG_0887Medium_zps52b4a3f7.jpg

No more Warnings :)
More info please! :) I don't see this on his site. Did you just drill a hole in the cover and bolt it in place? I assume that's a pressure meter on the back side. Do you have to use a mirror to read it or can is there room to read it looking straight down? Is that a valve stem for pressurizing on the back side of it?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

ArizonaBOSS said:
Fed her some BMWs...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/L1i8Y_CkU5o[/youtube]

Bottom of the page FTL

Found it !
To be honest. I found my Boss a tad under whelming. Suspension too soft.. just not as good on country roads as I thought it would be. All a bit floppy...
but today...
I changed the damper settings which were set on 2, back & front, to 4 on the front & 3 on the rear. Then set the steering to sport....
And viola! There it is. Better steering & far improved handling.
Just need to know about the damper settings. I can make out it goes from 1 to 5, but the rears just go round and round. I can feel the notches, but I expected it to stop at 1 & 5, not continue rotating. Is that correct?
oh and I can see daylight behind the rear n/s wheel whilst my head was in the trunk! that cant be right!!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

F.D. Sako said:
Finally got around to installing the 13/14 GT500 axlebacks that i've had for a year. Car's got a deeper tone now, I like it. Although the open side pipes kind of overwhelm the mufflers.

IMAG0402Copy_zpsff05ea19.jpg

I Love this mod, looks great Sarkis.
Steve

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Washed and quick waxed it for the trip to Charlotte Tuesday. Oh yeah, changed the right front hub (yes one of the new Ford Racing hubs I got from Watson) that cost me all but 5 laps at Lime Rock yesterday. The track marshals heard the whoop, whoop, whoop sound as I went around the left hander and threw the meatball and black flags at me. I didn't hear it until I took it apart and felt the hub carrier was red hot. Called it a day and headed home. Actually blued the housing around the inside bearing and was very stiff. Put one of my originals back on and all gone.
Steve

Finished air to oil cooler install/ stock cooler delete. Gauges installed with the Laguna gauge pod. No leaks, everything works. Curious for my May track day to see what kind of temperatures I get. Stock cooler sure takes up a lot of space down there.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

on wed I took my boss to the drag strip ran a new best for me 11.97 and was getting it more and more dialed in then on the 5th pass the transmission gave up the ghost on the starting line....2-step+mickey thompson et street pros=broken transmission. so on sat I pulled the trans. hopefully I get the transmission fixed this week

Maui

Justin said:
on wed I took my boss to the drag strip ran a new best for me 11.97 and was getting it more and more dialed in then on the 5th pass the transmission gave up the ghost on the starting line....2-step+mickey thompson et street pros=broken transmission. so on sat I pulled the trans. hopefully I get the transmission fixed this week

Congrats on that awesome time! Sorry about the transmission. That sucks...Hope it you get it fixed soon!

Maui

Changed out my stock clutch to the Mcleod RXT a few weeks ago and slowly breaking it in... Took out the clutch helper spring today. What a world of difference. Thanks Justin for the easy "how to" video!!!

Being stuck on this island with no dynoshop for a few more months and got itch to get in the garage, so I am left with some non-dyno mods.

Over the weekend, I installed the Whiteline Trans mount insert - (did the 1 1/2" hole in the bottom wide part) and removed the Intake Manifold for the HeatShield Products heat shield from Blow By Racing ($53.50)

DSC_0128a.jpg

Also, I installed the JTL oil Seperator at 2K miles and at 4K miles, heres what the intake ports look like....

DSC_0117a.jpg

Also, removed the extra play in the Borda Performance Pedal extension. Used some left over foam weather-stripping.

Next weekend is the Redline Shift and E-Brake boot install..with real Alcantara (charcoal color) and lime green stitch.
I bought the Black with light green stitch ($125.62 shipped) but they didn't flow well with our stock trim....'Installed' pictures next weekend.

DSC_0133a.jpg

If anyone is interested in the black with light green stitch set, (shown above) let me know..i'll let it go at a reduced price and free shipping.

steveespo said:
Washed and quick waxed it for the trip to Charlotte Tuesday. Oh yeah, changed the right front hub (yes one of the new Ford Racing hubs I got from Watson) that cost me all but 5 laps at Lime Rock yesterday. The track marshals heard the whoop, whoop, whoop sound as I went around the left hander and threw the meatball and black flags at me. I didn't hear it until I took it apart and felt the hub carrier was red hot. Called it a day and headed home. Actually blued the housing around the inside bearing and was very stiff. Put one of my originals back on and all gone.
Steve

I was supposed to go also until my kinda sorta girlfriend said she didn't want me to and she hasn't spoken to me in like a week and says I didn't do anything wrong to make her mad at me .... URGH!!!!

Also, I washed and waxed it lol

After a quick shower tomorrow it's Vegas or Bust!

IMG_3624_zpsce9e25fe.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Las Vegas, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

All gases up, packed up and primes for Vegas Baby!
(With Apologies to Elwood on taking liberties with the city name...)

TymeSlayer said:
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Las Vegas, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

All gases up, packed up and primes for Vegas Baby!
(With Apologies to Elwood on taking liberties with the city name...)

hahaha that was great !

I let the corner carver carve corners. On the the way to Charlotte I ran "The Dragons Tail" from Tennessee to North Carolina. 9 miles 318 curves =smiles all around.
Reminded me of the "Road to Helen" on Maui, but better.

TMO Supporting Vendors