The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

302 Hi Pro said:
Grant:

She is looking real sweet. I like that new MIT from AirAid, was thinking about that little mod myself thinking it would smooth out the air flow and get rid of the muffler out stock tube has growing out of the bottom side of the tube.

Looks great, how does she run with the new setup?

Dave
Hi Pro

Runs great. Feels like a little bump in power...maybe a bit less fall-off on the top end. Could be in my head, and I really shouldn't have swapped tires on the same day. But I think it's there since the power felt better even though it was 94* out this afternoon.

F.D. Sako said:
I assumed the same tube would've worked for the boss?

I suppose it could with the same bent/angled silicone adapter they use on their CAI to adapt the plastic GT tube to the Boss intake. Personally, I wouldn't want that. Maybe they could make another fancy CF one that lines up properly. I'd buy that too.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Following the incident with my front left ball joint backing off the thread into the Ford Racing control arm, I removed both Left and Right Ball joints and checked for lash. Both were a little loose after 20 Track days. Tightened to spec and replaced.

Here's a link to the "How To":

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8390.0

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Removed clutch spring assist. I may have done this a little bit differently than others.I first held the clutch pedal down with a wooden rod.then I use a flat blade screwdriver to expose the top ring of the spring more than it normally is. Then I used a needle nose vice grip plier to compress three rings of the spring. At that point you can use a second screwdriver to kick out the entire assembly at the bottom plastic piece.

I let mine hang out with a couple of it's cousins in it's natural habitat @ Sonoma Raceway. Those Bosses belong to members Moto and YoPauly and the Z06 to Bret.

IMG_4410_zps4f81b26e.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Nothing lately, but here are some videos of me driving my buddy's C5 race car in Time Trials...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Qnz5mTakR0M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/-MF5qwjzPT8[/youtube]

Also my 2014 summer racing compilation video:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vMWE-H7pe_8[/youtube]

OK, it wasn't today, but I participated last week (mind you I did not say raced) in the SCCA Solo National finals in Lincon, NE. It was a blast and I look forward to it next year.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

TangoUniform said:
OK, it wasn't today, but I participated last week (mind you I did not say raced) in the SCCA Solo National finals in Lincon, NE. It was a blast and I look forward to it next year.

Crew work?
I participated as a crew member on a Van Diemen S2 Ford powered sports racer at the SVRA event at Watkins Glen Saturday. Great time at a great track. Humped tires and gas jugs during the enduro.
Steve

After a year of owning it. My Boss has a name. My daughter is the Cheshire cat in "Alice in Wonderland" and was reciting the jabberwock poem.
And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

My 5 year old said "that's like your car!" And the jabberwork is born.

drano38

Wayne

Installed my Blowfish Racing shifter bracket.
No chance for test drive, but I'm sure it will be great.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

Calif boss302 said:
Did you paint the original or are they aftermarket?? I might need to do that on my SBY

i bought 2 new from a ford dealer and let it painted satin black

skwerl

tree hugger

The GT/CS comes with gloss black hood vents instead of body color. You should be able to buy them like that if you don't want to paint your old ones.

IMG_2774.png

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Went to Quick Lane at my Ford dealer for an oil change. Really nice people but apparently a lot go turnover in the workers new faces every time. I never let the car out of my sight when there, and I always talk to the guy working on it. Also get a chance to look around underneath while it's up on the lift. Well when he gets ready to put in the oil I see him grab one of the nozzles from the ceiling so I go up to him and ask him what's he fixing to put in. He says 5-40 semi synthetic. I said hold on that's not right, only 5-50 MC full syn. That's why I never leave it out of my sight! $58 out the door, can't beat the price but you can't be too careful.

skwerl

tree hugger

^ I'd rather change my own oil, thanks. After all these years I've discovered that a lack of knowledge and/or concern on the part of the guy working on my car will end up costing me a hell of a lot more money than expected. I've spent more money on repairs fixing what others have screwed up than on stuff that just broke from normal wear. I don't need some kid learning how to change oil by working on my car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel