The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Z20WHAT said:
I have a set of Kenny Brown jacking rails on order to facilitate that very thing - and avoid crimping/crushing the down-standing flanges....
One of the most practical and useful mods on my Boss.

Bay Area

Calif boss302 said:
Finally got around to instaliing FRPP Relocation Brackets and FRPP Rear LCAs with poly bushings. Took about 4 hours on Race Ramps. NO FREAKING INSTRUCTIONS came with either the brackets or LCAs so it was a bit of trial and error and internet searching.

i was a bit skeptical on how much it would help launches and wheel hop, but to my surprise it made a huge difference. My car was lowered on Steeda Boss Springs so about an 1" drop in the rear. I used the top mounting hole and have a good angle towards the rear now.

Left a big piece of forearm skin un-hooking the E-Brake line though.

Helpful hints:
1. While ramps are easy if I did it again I would jack the car with stands under the axel. Taking the rear wheels off would give more room for torque wrench.
2. The driver side bracket has a flange that goes inside the stock mount under the panhard bolt.
3. The passenger side bracket flange goes outside the stock mount and bolts with supplied bolt and nut.
4. It' nearly impossible to use the nut supplied inside the stock mount on the passenger side (no room for wrench) so I reused the factory nut with welded flange that self locks.
5. Dont forget the locktite then have to remove all the nuts and apply. Ugggg!
6. Wear a long sleeve shirt. Sharp parts under there. Ouch!!!!

Good to know. I think that might be my next project. Where you heading South on the 101 on Sat the 3rd?

drano38

Wayne

VooDooBOSS said:
One of the most practical and useful mods on my Boss.

Agree, the Kenny Brown jacking rails are great. 99% of the time, I'll put the car on 4 jackstands rather than just the front or back. Its just so easy to jack a side, set 2 stands, repeat other side.

byronj said:
Good to know. I think that might be my next project. Where you heading South on the 101 on Sat the 3rd?

I was heading south on Saturday. Was that you in the White Boss?? Thought maybe you were joining a group heading to Carmel. I was running errands that day

Bay Area

Calif boss302 said:
I was heading south on Saturday. Was that you in the White Boss?? Thought maybe you were joining a group heading to Carmel. I was running errands that day

Yes that was me. I thought you were heading that way. Thats why I dropped behind you. Well nice to see you out there.

byronj said:
Yes that was me. I thought you were heading that way. Thats why I dropped behind you. Well nice to see you out there.

That's what I was thinking when you dropped in behind me that you might have thought I was heading to join up. I was inches away from buying mine in White then stumbled by accident on a SBY one and that was that.

Maybe we'll see each other at the next event!

I like the PJ wheels.....BUT
I guess I will be the A-hole.
The silver looks out of place. I think chrome would look better if you wanted that contrast.
You can do some very nice color combo with power coating.

I'm not bashing you and have no intent to do so. When you post a picture you are looking for feedback.
I'm just giving you my personal opion. Worth about 1cent.

I would try to carry the color of the stripes into the wheels.
If all else fails you can plastic dip the wheels to try different looks.

superhero said:
I like the PJ wheels.....BUT
I guess I will be the A-hole.
The silver looks out of place. I think chrome would look better if you wanted that contrast.
You can do some very nice color combo with power coating.

I'm not bashing you and have no intent to do so. When you post a picture you are looking for feedback.
I'm just giving you my personal opinion. Worth about 1cent.

I would try to carry the color of the stripes into the wheels.
If all else fails you can plastic dip the wheels to try different looks.
I understand what you mean and you may well be right!
But I guess it's my "old school - old fart" taste :)
And it's supposed to be a reference to the original one anyway...

Imagine we would all have the same cars...same everything!
It would be hell isn't it?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

patrickshelby said:
Installed my "Parnelli Jones Replica" wheels on the 13-LS
gallery_12429_213_99435.jpg

gallery_12429_213_283070.jpg

I love the look of those wheels. So much so I've been looking to purchase a set of 19X9.0" front wheels for the past 3 years. I have a set of these 19X10.0" rear wheels. I like the silver as they have now become the DIFFERENT look as everyone seems to have black wheels these days.

Let me know if you know where I can find a set of Heritage Edition front wheels, they would look great on my Kona Blue Boss.
Davis
302 HP

Drove the Boss for the first time in 6 months - returned home from Afghanistan yesterday and pulled it out of storage today. Haven't even driven a vehicle in this time. I was amazed all over again about the power and responsiveness.

DEye

You can't get there from here...

Took it to the body shop.

A few week back driving through a school zone the oncoming car looses the drivers front wheel, hit the Boss bumper mid drivers side and gets punted back into the hood of the truck behind the "looser" it takes out the grill, big indent in the hood and pushes the hood back to the windshield, and the rad back about 2 inches almost into the fan.

The Boss looks unscathed, but if you look really close you can see hairline cracks in the top edge.
When they remove the skin, well see what else it needs other than what the insurance has approved.
Repair bumper skin.

:mad:

DEye said:
Took it to the body shop.

A few week back driving through a school zone the oncoming car looses the drivers front wheel, hit the Boss bumper mid drivers side and gets punted back into the hood of the truck behind the "looser" it takes out the grill, big indent in the hood and pushes the hood back to the windshield, and the rad back about 2 inches almost into the fan.

The Boss looks unscathed, but if you look really close you can see hairline cracks in the top edge.
When they remove the skin, well see what else it needs other than what the insurance has approved.
Repair bumper skin.

:mad:

I would be so pissed. I would probably need to be restrained. At least no one got hurt, those kind of incidents can get bad real fast.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel