The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Took my daughter to the Air Force and Army ROTC Military Ball last night at the local university.
It was about 20 degrees, so the pics were quick.
Great evening together.

IMG_1243_zps0qrynr59.jpg

Looking sharp!

Put the Boss away for the winter, battery tender hooked up, oil changed and covered up, made room for my wife's car for the winter months.

image.jpg

Also hung up my birthday present. Was hoping for a GT350. :eek:

image.jpg

IMG_1783_zpsl3kff5u1.png
IMG_1790_zpsnofhe7hs.png
Had some fun at Sears Point. Very friendly garage neighbor with a Beautiful car! Also a solid reminder of these track days being serious business. Coming out of turn 10, turn 11 is in a cloud of smoke so I get slowed up big time. Just at the braking zone the left side of the track is covered in oil and a Vette I had run with in an earlier session was backwards into the tires at pit in. Looks like maybe the engine let go (judging by the amount of oil) and it went to hell from there. Very lucky everyone got slowed in time. Guy looked shaken AND a little stirred. Made me appreciate the $ spent on a roll bar, HANS and 6 point harness. Be Safe!

576 said:
IMG_1783_zpsl3kff5u1.png
IMG_1790_zpsnofhe7hs.png
Had some fun at Sears Point. Very friendly garage neighbor with a Beautiful car! Also a solid reminder of these track days being serious business. Coming out of turn 10, turn 11 is in a cloud of smoke so I get slowed up big time. Just at the braking zone the left side of the track is covered in oil and a Vette I had run with in an earlier session was backwards into the tires at pit in. Looks like maybe the engine let go (judging by the amount of oil) and it went to hell from there. Very lucky everyone got slowed in time. Guy looked shaken AND a little stirred. Made me appreciate the $ spent on a roll bar, HANS and 6 point harness. Be Safe!

Z06 Corvette?

Since the weather is still nice took the Boss to Cars and Coffee yesterday and then a toy drive today......felt good to drive it again.

drano38

Wayne

With 8-10" of snow forecast for Monday/Tuesday, I decided its time to wrap up the 2015 Boss driving season (plus get the cab on the garden tractor and install the snow blower)
Added Stabil gas conditioner, topped off w/ non-ethanol gas, and changed the oil.
Now the Boss takes a nap in the coral until about April. :(

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Ordered some BMR components. Rod Ends Watts Links - K-Member - A-Arm support brace and tubular radiator supports. These red BMR parts will go with my UCA & mount, LCAs, relo brackets and driveshaft safety loop. The BMR adj. panhard bar will go up for sale soon.

Cobrarob said:
Installed the Steeda bushing last week(thanks guys for the help,Tribar it was a PITA,but your tool list help out)
And finished the Watts install last nite
image.jpg1_17.jpg
image.jpg5_5.jpg
image.jpg3_10.jpg
image.jpg4_8.jpg

It is, I have done it now a few time. There are no real tricks to it. Pain every darn time. The Fey 2 looks good. Hope you enjoy it.

DEye

You can't get there from here...

+n washed, attached the battery tender, and put the cover on... :-\
Goodnight Ms Calabash, wherever you are...

Lookie what showed up today! ;D

23422924216_e4a23b6747_b.jpg

My Carbon Fiber driveshaft! It would be nice if my MGW shifter had come as well but that's ok :)

byronj said:
Don't you see ther resemblance?

Well I meant the Corvette that went kablewie on track. I have seen a couple of new Z06's blow their tops so to speak.

VooDooBOSS said:
Yea I'm missing mine. It's gonna be a long winter!

Ditto! When are you getting the GT350?

VooDooBOSS said:
Nice DS. Mine is scheduled to be built the last week of January but I expect delays. I'm setting my sights on mid March and if it gets here sooner I'll be happy.

Wow! That would be a long wait! Hopefully you would be able to take it down to SoCal for some fun. Do they salt the roads in the winter where you are?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel