The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

mcmmotorsports said:
I washed, clayed, polished, waxed...then it rained. :'(

waxedbauce.jpg

Nice job! I was going to clean mine but it started raining before I got outside lol.

Where in CT are you?

F.D. Sako said:
^^ are those the rhino ramps? do they clear the front lip?

Not sure, I picked them up at advanced auto. They clear the lip backing up and barely touch pulling forward. I mean minor plastic to plastic rubbing doesnt bother me. BTW on at stock ride height.

USNjocson said:
Now THAT sounds gnarly! Are you running the Kooks offroad H with Kooks side exhaust too? We now have similiar exhaust since I installed these a couple hours ago
9542805216_7948f1c81a_c.jpg
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3llLIDyON2I&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Yes I have the Kooks Boss H pipe, but with the stock side pipes...my car is lowered plus I have the Roush side skirts...I think the tips would sit to low.

Regards,

Manuel

Swapped out the stock mid-pipe for the 3" MRT H-pipe. Surprisingly it got quieter, not louder. I'm thinking now that the smaller pipe just after the cats was to make the exhaust have more pop, since now the pop is almost gone. There's just a deep exhaust note.

I'm not sure if I like it or not. I like the tone, but my wife likes it because she says it's easier to talk in the car. ::) Fantastic hunny!

JPC braided clutch line motul 600 Brake fluid
JPC Line Lock
T/A performance Rear Girdle Redline 75W40
CHE K Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters Competition Model
Griggs Racing Torque Arm Kit
Not all today/ over the past 5 days.
28160[/ATTACH]]Image1_zps61800e86.jpg [/url]

28162[/ATTACH]]Image_zps4daff598.jpg [/url]

Attachments

• Image1_zps61800e86.jpg
    Image1_zps61800e86.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Image_zps4daff598.jpg
    Image_zps4daff598.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 26

My shop is doing the following as we speak;

McLeod Twin Disc RST Clutch kit with the lightened steel flywheel
Red Line MTL fluid
Motor oil and filter change

mcmmotorsports said:
Thanks guys. Sean, I am in Danbury.
Nice, my Aunt lives in Danbury and I am in White Plains lol.

BOSSPOWER said:
My shop is doing the following as we speak;

McLeod Twin Disc RST Clutch kit with the lightened steel flywheel
Red Line MTL fluid
Motor oil and filter change

I wish I lived close to PBTH, some of the cars that come out of there are monsters!!

Guys the RST is softer than stock, its awesome...I am on the breaking period :((( and a 911TT passed by me on the way back from the shop wanting to play :-(((

I bought some Enkei NT03 wheels from my brother from his EVO 9 before he sold it. I had good timing because I just corded my front tires on my stock wheels. It looks strange with mismatching wheels. This is only temporary until my BFG rivals come in next week. You can tell a big difference with 20 lbs of rotating mass removed from the front, it has a smoother ride.

HNtV6dh.jpg

I would have put all four enkei wheels on but one of the tire's sidewalls disintegrated while my brother was driving at 80 mph. :eek:

XeOU02O.jpg

F.D. Sako said:
NT03's fit!!!
these are one of my fav wheel designs. wish i knew this before :(
could you post wheel/tire size info?

The wheels are Enkei NT03+M 18x9.5 ET27 Touge Factory Limited Edition. I believe that they require a 72.6-70.5 centering rings for the Boss 302, I will know for sure when they come in. The tires on them are Dunlop Z1 265/35-18. They have about two fingers clearance to the long bolt that attaches the sway bar rod to the strut with -2.0 degrees of camber with just eccentric bolts. The calipers are very close to the spokes but it seems that they clear and do not rub even under hard driving. I can put my finger nail between the spoke and the caliper but not much else.

K5vXtwW.jpg

What did you do to your boss today?

Added a little custom touch. A buddy won this for me in a raffle, so I plasti dipped it first to see if I was going to like black before I permanently mounted. But white is best!gequ9a7a.jpgyrymu9uv.jpgy5ehynyp.jpgazyqaqyp.jpgevu5usaz.jpgeqy6ugeb.jpg

max5ive0 said:
Added a little custom touch. A buddy won this for me in a raffle, so I plasti dipped it first to see if I was going to like black before I permanently mounted. But white is best!

Looks awesome!

Had an MGW shifter installed at MGW. Awesome piece of equipment. Topped it off with a white knob with black stripes and the boss logo from speed dawg.

isrboss

max5ive0 said:
Added a little custom touch. A buddy won this for me in a raffle, so I plasti dipped it first to see if I was going to like black before I permanently mounted. But white is best!eqy6ugeb.jpg

I like the white, but seems too much. If you get an opportunity go body color Kona, and white Gurney flap.

TMO Supporting Vendors