The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

That looks fantastic, well done!

isrboss said:
I like the white, but seems too much. If you get an opportunity go body color Kona, and white Gurney flap.

Max5ive0;

Is that plasti-dip around the tail lights? I am really digging that effect.

Shawn

What did you do to your boss today?

CPTMac689 said:
Max5ive0;

Is that plasti-dip around the tail lights? I am really digging that effect.

Shawn

No, MMD taillight bezels from AM. Thanks! They do leave some halo around the outside of the lens when it is dark, so I did use Plastidip around the outside edge to cover it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-taillight-trim-1012.html

What did you do to your boss today?

isrboss said:
I like the white, but seems too much. If you get an opportunity go body color Kona, and white Gurney flap.

Thanks for the idea, if I begin to agree with you I will definitely try that. Anyone want to make a photoshop attempt for me?

Thanks everyone for the comps.

Fiddler49 said:
That looks awesome! Who did your custom striping?

I had 281motorsports.com farm it out to their painter. They have done a lot of work on my other car a 2005 Saleen.

USNjocson said:
That custom hood decal is sick! Is it reflective as well?

No I looked into reflective vinyl. Ford has the exclusive on the special 3m vinyl. We painted the top fender stripe bomber black. It matches perfectly but is not reflective.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Went and had breakfast, took a two hour ride through the national forest and surrounding areas beautiful curvy and smooth roads, listened to the sound of the Boss. Came home gave her a bath, hit it with some Croftgate Quick n Slick and put her to bed.
Boss8-28-13002_zps5a967a4e.jpg
Boss8-28-13004_zpsd5750c8a.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

I spent the better part of the day doing a full wipe down with adams detail spray then applying a coat of patriot wax then wiping it down again with the detail spray then doing all the windows with eagle one 20/20. This also includes doing the wheels.

then I turned my attention to fixing some chips. two daps and my lanka kit and they are gone. the car is just looking stunning. didnt bother with pictures as it never captures how good it looks in person.

on friday it will be getting new shoes with some Michelin pilot sport a/s 3's all around in stock sizes. the p zero's are like driving on ice out back. got my a$$ handed to me by an srt8 jeep cherokee today cause all I could do was spin and spin and spin till forth....cant win with tire spin.

the p zeros have just been getting worse and worse for me. its quite scary driving on them now. hit the throttle in 1st through third and it wants to swap ends.

New shifter knob and spacer from CJPonyParts to go with the FR shifter. I didn't like the white "Ford Racing" knob that came in the kit.
IMG_0671.jpg
I'm not sure I like the black spacer. I might go back to the polished aluminum one because it matches the boot trim ring.

Justin

Korbin_Dallas said:
New shifter knob and spacer from CJPonyParts to go with the FR shifter. I didn't like the white "Ford Racing" knob that came in the kit.
IMG_0671.jpg
I'm not sure I like the black spacer. I might go back to the polished aluminum one because it matches the boot trim ring.
I love my MGW shifter adaptor with epco knob
1175088_640184762680765_1653760888_n.jpg

1044703_640184712680770_1908167390_n.jpg

GA

Justin said:
I love my MGW shifter adaptor with epco knob
1175088_640184762680765_1653760888_n.jpg

1044703_640184712680770_1908167390_n.jpg

Where did you get the boots? Those would go great with my GT interior ( I have white stripes on my seats).

Justin

PJWANNABE said:
Where did you get the boots? Those would go great with my GT interior ( I have white stripes on my seats).
I got them from redlinegoods you can get them made in various colors and different types of material. they have alcantra as well.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang10shiftboot.php

I ordered the knob from them too as I had a discount code. takes forever to get but its worth the wait. it will require you sacrificing the stock set to install the new ones as you have to glue them in. forceofwill and one other put up a how too on the boots.

Bought a local set of used 17x4/15x10 polished racestars wrapped in MT 185/275 DR's for $450. Going to polish them tomorrow and decide from there if I will powder coat them.
9627122118_6cd3b26d86_c.jpg
9623886641_a9b74561c0_c.jpg

USNjocson said:
Bought a local set of used 17x4/15x10 polished racestars wrapped in MT 185/275 DR's for $450. Going to polish them tomorrow and decide from there if I will powder coat them.
9627122118_6cd3b26d86_c.jpg
9623886641_a9b74561c0_c.jpg

Does anyone know if there's a narrow wheel/tire combination like the one in these pictures that could be used as a 'compact' spare to fit into the wheel well?

Maybe since these are 17" it's not possible to get a high enough profile tire to match the diameter of the stock tires?

Just looking for ideas.

TMO Supporting Vendors