The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

RRBoss302 said:
Anyone going to the GTR high performance car show tomorrow in So Cal? I'll be there with the Boss. Usually a ton of Mustangs show up. Dyno contest, raffle and free food!
We stopped by. Lots of nice cars. We saw your Boss and the other red one too.

I wanted to hear some dyno pulls but for some reason they didn't do any while we were there. The wife got bored pretty quick so we bailed.

What did you do to your boss today?

Korbin_Dallas said:
We stopped by. Lots of nice cars. We saw your Boss and the other red one too.

I wanted to hear some dyno pulls but for some reason they didn't do any while we were there. The wife got bored pretty quick so we bailed.

You guys must of been there around 12-1pm. They were doing dynos non-stop all day except for a brief period during that time. Probably was the free hot dogs coming of the grill :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

roadhouse said:
Ordered a new SVE Drift wheel to replace my damaged one :)

What caused the damage? Impact or stress? Cheap replacements, at least!

Tulsa, OK

ArizonaGT said:
What caused the damage? Impact or stress? Cheap replacements, at least!

Impact. From a Honda Fit...

This teenage girl pulled out into traffic before I was past her and she clipped my rear wheel and bumper. Insurance in covering all damages so that is nice. I should know later this week or next if there is any damage to the suspension but I doubt it. Her bumper took out a few chunks from the wheel and scuffed up my bumper pretty good.

I suppose track driving would be safer than the street...lol

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Pulled the nose off to begin Winter Mods III.
Draining oil and changing oil cooler matrix and adding 180 degree oil thermostat. Draining coolant to change all radiator hoses and eliminate the water to oil cooler. Fresh coolant and fresh oil change. Adding transmission cooler and pump setup. Changing front hubs and replacing left Koni strut who's adjuster went bad. Torque check of all fasteners. Hopefully when that is all done I can do the CJ manifold change if Ford ever ships the CAI kit.
Steve

steveespo said:
Pulled the nose off to begin Winter Mods III.
Draining oil and changing oil cooler matrix and adding 180 degree oil thermostat. Draining coolant to change all radiator hoses and eliminate the water to oil cooler. Fresh coolant and fresh oil change. Adding transmission cooler and pump setup. Changing front hubs and replacing left Koni strut who's adjuster went bad. Torque check of all fasteners. Hopefully when that is all done I can do the CJ manifold change if Ford ever ships the CAI kit.
Steve
I hope you get everything done today because tomorrow is gonna SUUUUUUCK

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Got the final cable to connect my oil pressure sensor to AiM dash, got that all connected and verified. Yee haw.

Awesome! The car looks great Drew. 8) Can't wait to see it in person on next year's "West Coast Tour."

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Fat Boss said:
Awesome! The car looks great Drew. 8) Can't wait to see it in person on next year's "West Coast Tour."

Amen Andy. I hope to have some dates pinned down by end of January. Just waiting for a variety of groups to put their 2014 schedules out there.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

ArizonaGT said:
Amen Andy. I hope to have some dates pinned down by end of January. Just waiting for a variety of groups to put their 2014 schedules out there.

I know...doesn't that just suck? I mean it's already late November and most places don't have their schedules set. :(

Just ordered up Koni Yellows, Steeda Sports, Strano bars, Steeda panhard, and MM plates. With some smart shopping thanks to the folks here, I'm at $1810 to my door!

Took it out today for run to bank and drug store in 26 deg weather -- owners' manual is correct to use caution below 40 deg weather ......tires will slip all over and hard as a rock!! :(

What did you do to your boss today?

Did a dyno test/ tech feature for 5.0 Mustang magazine today. KJ Jones, senior tech editor for 5.0, was at GTR high performance today testing the Airaid carbon fiber no-tune CAI. He used my Boss as it is stock engine-wise with a stock CAI. I really wish I could share the results, they are definitely exciting. The feature will be in an upcoming issue of 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords. Most likely May-June. It will be a great article with both silver and red key testing. We haven't had any definitive real-world Boss no-tune CAI tests published and this one will reveal the truth once and for all!

500506E5-6A26-4F1F-A6F0-2D920D6AF513_zpsljikbt3w.jpg

68FCAC99-47FF-4E0D-A607-5C8A54BCC6EC_zpsvz0s3djf.jpg

AWESOME looking Parnelli Jones version carbon fiber CAI with coil-cover-matching blue filter...

C4318625-7BAE-4D44-AD01-65FD33E066B5_zpsjjbyg4cv.jpg

3B795794-6536-4706-BCD0-349DD9A76E04_zpsyz0kjoib.jpg

Cool but I expect mine to put out more HP since it's signed my PJ. ::)

IMG_2032_zpsc0feb852.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel