The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

What's up with 150ft/lbs on the lug nuts??

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Brighton, Colorado
They often do. I will tell you that for 46 years in the fastener business, I know standard zinc plating does not act as a lubricant unless they put in an additive which is not very common. I do agree that anti-seize it not a good idea on wheel studs. If you are removing the wheel that often because you track the car, these studs should be considered consumables and replaced when needed.

JAJ

TMO Addict
In the V6L
Hmmm... be careful with the tightening between sessions. If you torque your lug nuts when the wheel and hub are hot after a session, there's a risk that when they cool down they'll be over-torqued. After seventeen years of track days, I torque mine once in the morning before the first session and that's it for the day.

Tonymustang302

TMO Race
Chicago, IL
Hmmm... be careful with the tightening between sessions. If you torque your lug nuts when the wheel and hub are hot after a session, there's a risk that when they cool down they'll be over-torqued. After seventeen years of track days, I torque mine once in the morning before the first session and that's it for the day.
i swear to God al these rules......but that one makes sense

Ewheels

TMO Intermediate
Orange County, CA
HPDE
Under 3 Years
This makes sense but isn't it generally understood that you're supposed to check them after every session? Maybe I learned bad habits...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel