The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's My RedPill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Probably not until Aug 25th at Sonoma. I'm waiting on my new 19x11 APEX wheels.

So, what's the story....spit it out man, inquiring minds want to know.
Well the story is that losing an engine in my Boss 302 and then 2.5 years later in my GT350 has taken the air out of my spare for tracking a dual purpose car. Shortly after purchasing my GT350 several TMO members and I attended the GT350 Track Attack program and drove the race cars on the second day. It was clear to me then that a race car would be a better option for me than a dual purpose car. After the oil pump gears failed in my GT350 that came into clear focus for me. Many TMO members have gone down this path and I’m the latest. I’m taking a break from tracking this year and if I get back into it I’ll look at buying a used FR500S or 302S.

In the meantime I wanted something that I would enjoy driving on the weekends and I can still use at an occasional track day. I’ll probably be either buying a Mustang for my recently turned 16 son or possibly a Focus ST. Stay tuned.

As for TMO there will be no changes in my commitment to running the best car forum on the internet or my devotion to Ford. Hopefully TMO members won’t mind me hanging around the track in my Porsche. Frankly, the Mustang crowd is more to my liking than the Porsche crowd. My two favorite cars have always been Mustang and the 911 and this is my third 911. From my perspective both Mustang and 911 have a lot in common including winning a lot of road races, virtually the same life cycle and rabid devotion from their fans. Lots of Porsche guys own Mustang’s and Mustang guys own Porsche’s.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Say it aint so... LOL .. Now we can't say mean things about 911's...... but its terribly sensible and grown up of you!! I have no hope for such sanity any time soon. But you convinced me to slowly keep evolving to a track only car.... Shame to hear about the GT350, I missed that. But glad you are sticking around to keep TMO alive and kicking. Really is the best car forum I have seen.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel