The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's My RedPill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I had mine go drivers side at Mid Ohio we fixed it with electrical tape and a tie wrap and then permanently fixed it with RTV. Have run 5 more days and 3500 miles with no issue. Dealer is going to replace the whole half shaft, they only cost $120 each, I have a left and a right under the rear seat of my truck.
Steve

"Met up with @50Deep this morning at Folsom Cars N Coffee and snapped a few photos on our way out. He'll post much better quality photos he shot later but here's a couple from my iP6S."

Stunning 350's gentlemen. I hardly recognize your car anymore "T", I'm enjoying the transformation!

Man that car looks good! I can remember when the'15's came out and nobody had anything good to say about the new look.......that was until the GT350 appeared with that FPC motor....................................................................... ;D

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Rick:

The Red Pill looks right at home on the track, it's nice to see how flat she is in the corners. Look forward to reading more about your latest track day experience.

2HP

Thanks Dave. I also noticed how flat the car looks in the photos. The MR dampers work very well on track and on the street. I had a blast yesterday and ran several sessions with a 991 GT3 and GT3 RS. I'm confident in saying the 350 is capable in staying wheel to wheel with these cars and any difference is the driver. Quite a feat for a "Muscle Car". ;) I had three people tell me that my car was the best sounding on track too. 8)

Last edited:
VoodooBOSS said:
Thanks Dave. I also noticed how flat the car looks in the photos. The MR dampers work very well on track and on the street. I had a blast yesterday and ran several sessions with a 991 GT3 and GT3 RS. I'm confident in saying the 350 is capable in staying wheel to wheel with these cars and any difference is the driver. Quite a feat for a "Muscle Car". ;) I had three people tell me that my car was the best sounding on track too. 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while since I updated this thread but I haven't been driving the car much since the oil line recall. Plus it rained like 90 days this winter in NorCal. Hopefully my parts are in this week and that will change. My first track day this season is scheduled for May 1st @Thunderhill so plenty of time to get everything ready. Here's what I did this weekend:
  • Caliperfexion brake caliper studs from @Tob - Check
  • 14mm ARP studs from Optimum Performance @tim - Check
  • Ti caliper shields from Girodisc - Check
The caliper studs are awesome and Caliperfexion will have some nifty sleeves available this week to make pad changing even easier. I should have mine tomorrow or Tuesday. For the ARP studs you'll need to grind down the shoulder a bit to get them in.

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG
fullsizeoutput_3550.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3553.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3554.jpeg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Looking great Rick, nice to see progress on the Red Pill.

How many miles have you registered thus far? Still looks brand new under there.

Good luck with your race prep,
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel